Your dream car!

Discussion in 'Auto Section' started by IcEWoLF, Aug 20, 2011.

1. WarFreakz

WarFreakz The 47 Ronin

that and the mclaren F1….@_@...

2. tuc0

tuc0 Well-Known Member

Updating my new attainable dream car. I guess it will be about $65K to be price competitive with the Hellcats. Ferrari-style NA V-8 will be 500hp. Come on lotto. Let me win.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  3. Ghonzo

Ghonzo The 47 Ronin

Genesis Coupe
    [​IMG]

And S14 Silvia
    [​IMG]

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Fasttrak

Fasttrak Staff Member Moderator

Funny you bump this thread as I spent the better part of half an hour this morning, when I should of been on the road to my first account drooling over the release shots of this car. Truly, the first modern Mustang that gives me a serious chubby, and this 2015 Shelby GT350 is a it! They took what made the previous version Boss 302 loved so much, very well balanced street legal track car, and did it 200% better. The suspension is top notch with active damping technology, think the cost of standard Mustang GT for this kind of setup, and a motor that just oozes testosterone (ok, for the women here a bit of progesterone in equal measures!). I am guess it will spank pretty much every other US built sport car that isn't a one-off, on a track, the only thing that matters to me, drag racing is ok but not how I want my car to drive. I prefer a car that his a ton of usable power and a chassis\suspension that just begs to step a bit further into the throttle the deeper into the corner I get :-P

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. tuc0

tuc0 Well-Known Member

Awesome choices. Best part about these cars is they are light. The best fun would be building them. Turbo charging is the future. Only thing in Commiefornia is dealing with CARB certification so can be driven on the streets, legally. We should get the law changed to be able to get waivers for performance cars.

6. uberjames

uberjames The 47 Ronin

1280px-Ford_Pinto_runabout_(1).

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. tuc0

tuc0 Well-Known Member

In reality, I would not be able (or want to) afford the 350. I would buy the regular base GT with Performance Package (MSRP $35K) then upgrade the suspension. The 3rd party bolt-ons for the '15 are already trickling in. The Rustang is the most modded car, so tons of selection and cheap parts out there.

Visited stealerships to see the '15 Rustang in person. They really are nice-looking, to me. Currently, if any left, the '14's are at least $8,000 off MSRP, and I considered getting one, but after seeing the '15, I changed my mind. I'm waiting for sale. Ford usually gives $4000 to $6000 off MSRP, but if demand is high, may be a long wait. I saw a base Magnetic (charcoal gray) with PP at Fremont 3 weeks ago, and it did not fly off the lot. Understandably, most in Bay Area buy imports (why not? most peeps are loaded here), or domestic buyers are lurking, waiting for the sales?

8. tuc0

tuc0 Well-Known Member

oh yesh!!! Pinto. Slap on some wheels on that baby. It will look awesome. Put on some fire retardant jump suit (Nomex flight suit) to drive it around. You be fine. If I have one them Pinto's, I'll garage it. It will be rare enough for shows and collector$.

9. Fasttrak

Fasttrak Staff Member Moderator

I am sorry, but you are not dropping a flat plane crank in any car for less than 20K. Then add on a pretty damned high end suspension, another twenty grand for the type of suspension in this car and it is more than anything else being released right now. No, it is not a 700HP Challenger, and thank god, it has a true race motor that free revs like nothing street legal right now. I never even saw a price quoted for the car but I am guessing it is North of 50K, nothing I'll ever get to own but a seriously kick ass release of a deceased builder and one I am pretty certain he would be say, "Fucking nice build!!".

I am dying to read, or hopefully see on Youtube, some track time with this car bone stock and how it performs. I have a feeling it will be one of those cars that destroys at SCCA and Autocross events.

EDIT: Tuco, I do not disagree, if I was spending money I would go for their base model and build from there. I would spend 60% of the cost of the GT350 and gained 90% of the GT350's performance.

10. tuc0

tuc0 Well-Known Member

We are alike! Stick it to the man! ROFL. Yeah, love your math there FT: 60% price /90% perf.