What's new

You guys ever fried something?

tuc0

Damn guys, 5 days after starting this thread an electrical surge fried my lan card :(. Getting some surge protectors for my cable line.

You guys use these? I use one for my electrical outlet but never thought about protecting my modem.
Never had an event like that, but never say never. That's interesting though. I should look into one. Thx.

Rampage

The 47 Ronin
Contributor
its hard to over heat a system or specific chips now a days since bios is now more up to date on over clocking capabilities. They are extremely efficient on alerting potential threats to the systems. But before all the alerts (back in the day) I have fried many CPU and gpu. I like taking risks! ( warning, going to empty your wallet) lol

I can't say I am an extreme overclocker, but I do it with every new piece of hardware I get. I have however, never fried anything.

What about you guys? Did you ever go past the point of no return?

TheGateKeeper

Never had an event like that, but never say never. That's interesting though. I should look into one. Thx.
They aren't expensive and can potentially save you a lot of money. I use Belkin.

its hard to over heat a system or specific chips now a days since bios is now more up to date on over clocking capabilities. They are extremely efficient on alerting potential threats to the systems. But before all the alerts (back in the day) I have fried many CPU and gpu. I like taking risks! ( warning, going to empty your wallet) lol
Yea most hardware nowadays has features like auto-shutdown when the CPU heats too much etc.