What's new

You guys ever fried something?

gregomyeggo

Contributor
it was sent to someone I know for them to test it out and then send a report on how it performed. Basically the model before it releases to stores.

WATER3

I've also fried some fish. But not much else I think. Oh! Eggs, but they're not 'fried' fried exactly. I believe that is it.

One CPU, some fish, and eggs.

Hah!

v.Kamikaze

The 47 Ronin
Contributor
last things i fried intentionally were some eggs. :p

oh, the last component i fried was my celeron 300A. had it at stock for a while; used it as a dban machine for older drives and just kept around for nostalgia. i wanted to see if it could still maintain OC'd speeds, but the magic smoke dun got released. :(

been OC'ing for a while, haven't fried anything modern.

tuc0

last things i fried intentionally were some eggs. :p

oh, the last component i fried was my celeron 300A. had it at stock for a while; used it as a dban machine for older drives and just kept around for nostalgia. i wanted to see if it could still maintain OC'd speeds, but the magic smoke dun got released. :(

been OC'ing for a while, haven't fried anything modern.
yup they go from 300 to 450Mhz!!! with FSB.

DesperQwyit

Contributor
Oh thank God for the CPU temperature kill switch. That has saved me at least 3 times. But honestly, When has over clocking something truely gave you noticable speed without Fing up stability. I could go grab some liquid nitrogen to fix it though :)

v.Kamikaze

The 47 Ronin
Contributor
Oh thank God for the CPU temperature kill switch. That has saved me at least 3 times. But honestly, When has over clocking something truely gave you noticable speed without Fing up stability. I could go grab some liquid nitrogen to fix it though :)
That kill switch doesn't always work, esp on AMD's, lol. OC'ing properly shouldn't eff up stability at all, and you'll only notice a difference if whatever you're running takes advantage of the component being OC'd. For instance, when I'm archiving a shit ton of files, cranking up my CPU saves me quite a noticeable chunk of time. Intel's turbo and speedstep have actually lessened the need to OC for many people, including me (for most of my machines).