What's new

X99 or Z97

Col. Gaspar

The 47 Ronin
Dam @Col. Gaspar that setup looks really clean :O
Hopefully its not a bad mobo or stick and just your RAM wasn''t installed all the way in :(
Well the slower and speedier modules are certified to work. I'm going to test the ram in my brothers computer to see if they work there. The 1600mhz and 2666mhz dominator platinum are certified to work. I really hope that it is the ram because it was about three hours of work to get it all set back up. If it's the mobo I'm going to be pissed.

So test in my brothers computer and try two sticks of his ram. [emoji20] I really hope that it is not the mobo.

kaM

The 47 Ronin
Well the slower and speedier modules are certified to work. I'm going to test the ram in my brothers computer to see if they work there. The 1600mhz and 2666mhz dominator platinum are certified to work. I really hope that it is the ram because it was about three hours of work to get it all set back up. If it's the mobo I'm going to be pissed.

So test in my brothers computer and try two sticks of his ram. [emoji20] I really hope that it is not the mobo.
You need to come over to the Asus motherboard side.

I've got this thing sitting on my dining table that I need to finish off. Asus z87, gtx 780 ti, 1tb ssd, 1050w corsair power supply, nzxt h440 and a swifftech h220 cooler.

Attachments

Last edited:

Col. Gaspar

The 47 Ronin
You need to come over to the Asus motherboard side.

I've got this thing sitting on my dining table that I need to finish off. Asus z87, gtx 780 ti, 1tb ssd, 1050w corsair power supply, nzxt h440 and a swifftech h220 cooler.
The classified has an excellent warranty and fits the theme of the build. It is lauded to have every option you could ask for and none of that cheesy flare so many other vendors have. Largely I picked it for it's color scheme and that it is made by evga.

Col. Gaspar

The 47 Ronin
SO after taking the cpu water block and inspecting the die I have found a small chip off the short side near the voltage regulator. SO I killed it and just ordered a second CPU that I am going to be much more careful with.

Hunter

The 47 Ronin
SO after taking the cpu water block and inspecting the die I have found a small chip off the short side near the voltage regulator. SO I killed it and just ordered a second CPU that I am going to be much more careful with.
Man!!! I feel hurt :(

Ghonzo

The 47 Ronin
Holy crap man sorry to hear that. You had to buy a brand new CPU or a new cpu water block??