• 780Ti

Votes: 3 50.0%

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 2x780Ti

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

FuZion

The 47 Ronin
I know most of you will say, BUY THAT 790!! much beast, wow power. But I fucking hate dual gpu's..
Some questions I have

Do you think its better to buy 2x 780ti's or 1x790 or just stick with 1x780Ti

How is the driver support on the nvidia side of the house, do the drivers work well with dual gpu?

Will this power supply be ok for a 790 if I did decide to get one? I have a HX650 Corsair
CORSAIR HX series HX650 650W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com

the 790 should be releasing by Mid-Feb.

Surrender

The Ronin Enforcer
The 47 Ronin
i dont care as long as i get that 7970 from you. lol jokes. uhhh. well dang. how about the GTX Titan "Black Edition" thats supposedly coming out along side the 790?

FuZion

The 47 Ronin
i dont care as long as i get that 7970 from you. lol jokes. uhhh. well dang. how about the GTX Titan "Black Edition" thats supposedly coming out along side the 790?
That's a good idea, keeping it to one chip, but having it close to the same power as the 790. It's already listed on some websites in europe it looks like. Thanks surrender, didnt notice the Titan was being re-released.

oh and dont worrie, you'll get the card whenever you want, I have my laptop to game on incase I have to wait for the card to release in order to buy. I just hope I can beat the pre-order people who stay up till 11:59 to hit the damn button, bastards.

Fasttrak

Staff member
It all depends on how much you are willing to spend. The 780ti is one sweet card and quite capable all on it's own. If that doesn't tickle your fancy might as well go all out of that GTX 790 as it's stats seem like pure graphics insanity-

VideoCardz
warns that it wasn't able to verify the specs but believes it will ship with two 28nm GK110 GPus, two 2,496 CUDA-packed processors for 4,992 total, 416 total TMUs, 80 total ROPs, and 10GB of GDDR5 on a 320-bit bus. This one is also expected to retail for $1,000
Not seen any release dates for either but I am considering that GTX 790 to go along with that soon to be released Monitor from Asus.

FuZion

The 47 Ronin
It all depends on how much you are willing to spend. The 780ti is one sweet card and quite capable all on it's own. If that doesn't tickle your fancy might as well go all out of that GTX 790 as it's stats seem like pure graphics insanity-

Not seen any release dates for either but I am considering that GTX 790 to go along with that soon to be released Monitor from Asus.
Do you think the 790 will perform better for games then the GTX Titan Black? They said they are reducing the performance of the 790 due to the power.

Fasttrak

Staff member
Do you think the 790 will perform better for games then the GTX Titan Black? They said they are reducing the performance of the 790 due to the power.

Yes, I believe with that single bus width, that many ROP and Cuda cores it will be their top notch. Only time and some benchmarks will be able to tell. I had my GTX 290 for quite a few years and it always scaled well, I am sure the same will be true of the 790.

FuZion

The 47 Ronin
Yes, I believe with that single bus width, that many ROP and Cuda cores it will be their top notch. Only time and some benchmarks will be able to tell. I had my GTX 290 for quite a few years and it always scaled well, I am sure the same will be true of the 790.
Yes but its shared across two gpu's. Do the drivers come out pretty quickly from nvidia? If games don't scale well with Sli (which is always active) I fear I will suffer every time a new game releases until driver support is out.

Fasttrak

Staff member
Yes but its shared across two gpu's. Do the drivers come out pretty quickly from nvidia? If games don't scale well with Sli (which is always active) I fear I will suffer every time a new game releases until driver support is out.

I think you are mistaking the optimizations Nvidia does with their base drivers, which they are the better company at. The base drivers for SLI and Physx are going to work with any modern game as they comply with DX 11.1, so long as the card supports it, and are very good at updating for game specific optimizations. It is really hard to say where the sweet spot, cost\performance, is going to be until after the Titan Black and 790 get released. It might be that the 780ti in SLI has the best performance for a slight increase in cost. It appears the Titan Black and the 790 will have similar price points and lots of good things in both, hard to say which will be king.

FuZion

The 47 Ronin
I think you are mistaking the optimizations Nvidia does with their base drivers, which they are the better company at. The base drivers for SLI and Physx are going to work with any modern game as they comply with DX 11.1, so long as the card supports it, and are very good at updating for game specific optimizations. It is really hard to say where the sweet spot, cost\performance, is going to be until after the Titan Black and 790 get released. It might be that the 780ti in SLI has the best performance for a slight increase in cost. It appears the Titan Black and the 790 will have similar price points and lots of good things in both, hard to say which will be king.
Ok so would I have to upgrade my PSU for this then? I currently have the one stated in my original post, the HX650 Corsair. If so what do you recommend?