What's new

What are you playing now?

Gary(MONTANA)

Contributor
Ice, what happened to the dedicated servers? You stated "Valve killed the community servers "? Why? I haven't been on for sooo long, I didn't know what happened.

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
Just nowadays everything revolves on companies making everything competitive based play, and most of these companies host their own in house servers, this blocks end users from creating their own servers and hosting them.

It truly sucks.
Games would survive longer if they re introduced community servers like they use to.
For example BF2/BF3 and even BF4 offered dedicated servers and people still play those games.

Newer games csgo in its early days was way more popular in the community scene and our sever use to be full 24/7, then valve changed the interface so they made custom user hosted lobbies an after thought hiding it through the menus and promoting uses to start playing match making which is really toxic and filled with hackers.

We shut off the css server over a year ago because it was being rarely used and at the time I just didn’t see the point in keeping things on and wasting money.
I still kept the website around because I believe at some point something community friendly will come out and help us grow our community again and making it active.

el jorge loco

Staff member
I still play CSS, but its definitely dying. Requires a lot of attention and presence by admins to keep it alive.

Agree about CS:GO. Comp matchmaking makes it easy to just go in and play a few rounds of pick-up scrim.

I've actually been playing a lot of MTG Arena. Other than that, I've been tempted to pick up APEX Legends or Anthem (not pre-ordering because EA sucks balls).

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
I still play CSS, but its definitely dying. Requires a lot of attention and presence by admins to keep it alive.

Agree about CS:GO. Comp matchmaking makes it easy to just go in and play a few rounds of pick-up scrim.

I've actually been playing a lot of MTG Arena. Other than that, I've been tempted to pick up APEX Legends or Anthem (not pre-ordering because EA sucks balls).
Yeah I don’t wanna spend money atm and don’t want to invest in anthem.
I want to see what the next Battlefield game will be like, I wish they would come out with a new Bad Company game.

Im also kinda sick and tired on waiting on Valve, I hate that bastard Gabe not releasing L4D3 or TF3 or even CS:3. I think he doesn’t like the number 3, hello half life 3 :p

But anyways I’m hoping to find a decent game where we can maybe pick up a dedicated server again and play. Just atm BR games is only a limited amount of players that can play in squads.

I will try to get a discord server up for our clan when I have some time this weekend where we can all hang out and chit chat.
Plus the nice thing about the Discord app is that you can talk on your tablet or mobile device since they have an app for it.

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
I've just been playing WoW nonstop for months on end. Addiction!
Been there and done that...
I’ve quit wow more times than I could count. But somehow that game draws me In months at a time.
I haven’t touched wow for a year, this is the longest period of time that I quit wow for!

Gary(MONTANA)

Contributor
I hope that someone will come out with a game, that we can play and kick the hackers, but it may take a while. Since most ofthe big companies seem to only bring out games right before Christmas. ICE, I'm sure that I speak for the majority of members, when I say thank you for all that you have done for us and the gaming community. Hang in there, things will come around your way. I remember what a Sgt. Major told us after a mission briefing (where we learned that very heavy casualites were expected, even IF we succeded) "Nothing beats a failure, except a try." "So try your best tonight. " Our team talked about it and we decided to go "all out" (that's the clean version), we only had 1 guy wounded on our 7 member team. So don't give up, it will all come out in the wash.

mclovin

Xbox 1 players here? Red dead 2 online beta is getting real good... haven't touched crackdown yet but I got it loaded, same with apex.