West Memphis 3 Free'd!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yarr, Aug 19, 2011.

1. yarr

yarr The 47 Ronin

2. Snowman

Snowman The 47 Ronin

i'm kinda disturbed by this since didn't they plead guilty?

3. el jorge loco

el jorge loco Staff Member Moderator

Snow: Folks plead guilty in many cases for many causes. First and foremost, because they did do it. In other instances, because they are hiding the fact that another did it. Even rarer, however, is that they claim guilt because their will was overborne by government agents during interrogation. I don't know the specifics of the case an why it was overturned however.

4. Fasttrak

Fasttrak Staff Member Moderator

One other thing is that in a plea deal, many minor, yet still warranting felony charges, are dropped in favor of saving tax dollars for a swift justice. This does not seem at all like justice and will hold back my judgement till I read a bit more on what happened and how it went down.

Fasttrak

5. 3rd Ridget

3rd Ridget New Member

The main reason is that the West Memphis Three were appealing to the Supreme Court (maybe a lower appellate court) and were allowed to enter in new evidence. The evidence showed that the hairs found at the scene matched a close friend of the victims, there was no DNA evidence connected to the case, and the knife that they were accused of using to harm the young boys is not the murder weapon.

I'm not sure if there is more to this case but if they were convicted on these things then the convictions should have been overturned.

6. yarr

yarr The 47 Ronin

I just thought it was an interesting case. There was even a documentary on HBO called "Paradise Lost"