weird internet problem

Haze

Contributor
This has been going on for about a year and it's starting to really bug me. I have to restart my pc through windows after every time i turn it on for it to connect through my ethernet cable. Any ideas as to why? It works every single time after i restart but will never connect on the first start up.

Haze

Contributor
This one works though, just after a restart... figured maybe there was a glitch or fix somewhere that someone may know about. I'd like it fixed but SG is almost done with my pc so no need to spend money on this one for a new card.

Have you checked for viruses/spyware/malware?

Ive had that problem with older computers, maybe if u have your operating system disc you can try repairing, or try a fresh install

Haze

Contributor
Have you checked for viruses/spyware/malware?

Ive had that problem with older computers, maybe if u have your operating system disc you can try repairing, or try a fresh install
I've wiped this computer clean a couple times with a fresh install of windows. It's not a virus issue.

My moms computer does the very same thing!! It's only just started doing it though.. have you figured out the issue yet?? My mom uses a wireless Netgear thing and I don't personally know anything about it! >.<