We are the 99%

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VinniePaz, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Mackatoni

Mackatoni Member

Speak for yourself! I got billions so im in that top 1% suckas!

2. Havoc.Sp

Havoc.Sp Staff Member Moderator

well said space. People need to stop expecting to get a hand out from the government because they bought a bunch of shit they couldn't afford. We need to live within our means. Personal responsibility seems to be dying.

3. rev

rev Member

Well, people say we can't survive without big government and we need government jobs to stay on the surface. We dropped well below the surface a long time ago. It's not working now, so why not try something different.

4. mbenson

mbenson Member

hey don't lump all those people as art majors or those who spent/loaned beyond their means. plenty of people that were interviewed are: college students, laid off workers, finance white collar, union members, educators, retired workers and military. Although I have a job now, I know it could be me in their shoes wondering how to pay for my mortgage, bills, food, etc. Remember its 1 in 9 Americans out of a job right now. That means there are people you probably know who are in this predicament. the last time around this happened (the great depression) it took FDR's New Deal (which created thousands of jobs) and the start of WWII before the country started recovering. We've already got 2 wars going but no sign of any immediate relief. This is why we need to pull together as a country (Democrat, Republican, Independents) to solve our problems. Not continuing to bicker and point fingers at the other party.

5. superiorfire

superiorfire New Member

I don't see what the big deal is, if I really wanted I could go get a job and live fine, and I have little to no working experience.

It's all about living below your means and doing some planning. In a capitalist society you can't get loans on a house you do not need and then expect somebody to bail you out when you cannot afford the interest rates.

People think the "stock market" or the "economy" is being controlled by somebody, but it is not. An economy comes out of the collective transactions of everyone invested in it. If everyone is negatively effecting the economy with outrageous loans and frivolous expenditures then you can expect the economy to follow the same line of discourse.

Also, please don't blame the president on matters concerning the economy. I mean, for god's sake what the fuck kind of control do you think a single man has over some thing as big as an international economy like the one of the modern era? Don't care if your Democrat or Republican, neither party, or person, has any direct control over the mob mentality of the market.

6. el jorge loco

el jorge loco Staff Member Moderator

As I made clear in the first clause of my second post on this topic, I separated the idiots who CHOOSE to have kids or CHOOSE to take on useless debt with degrees that don't matter and are unwilling to ACCEPT their own debt by blaming financial institutions. Those are the same morons who ruin the general fiscal pool.

While I think that some of the arguments that the 99% movement, they need a single unified message that way they don't fall by the waysides to the general public who may typically argue against them even though they all share the same concerns, mainly the fiscal irresponsibility of large corporations and having them pay their "fair share." Fiscal responsibility swings both ways.

7. el jorge loco

el jorge loco Staff Member Moderator

Firstly, I see what you did there sir (Red White & Blue, though in wrong order - Russia's Flag Color order)

Secondly, this is the exact argument. Stop blaming the president for the shit show, but stop asking for government subsidies on your life. They already do it through your tax returns with the lifetime learning credits and future credits for interest payments on loans. There's no such thing as a free lunch.

8. superiorfire

superiorfire New Member

Hey, I didn't notice the red white blue, just picked random colors ha. Must be my patriotic subconscious coming through.

9. VinniePaz

VinniePaz Member

Simply because I live like this .. I may not be a student but Im in the Military .
    dosent matter where your from to relate to this either , I came across it & wanted to see what others thoughts on it.

10. Sain†

Sain† New Member

the Occupy _________ movement is a load of crap.

The few parts of their message that aren't total BS and deserve some attention paid to them (i.e. companies being too big to fail...) have been lost in the mindless madness and irrational ranting that spew forth from the crazies that are the most vocal part of the 99%ers.

There is almost nothing positive...and I really mean NOTHING that can be said about these people. They have failed to show any kind of decency or respect for their right to freely assemble. They have made fools out of themselves and their beliefs. They behavior is disgusting.

Here are some of the examples that I find most appalling.
    This one is pretty self explanatory.

This video is a bit long, but the Man who would like to address the assembly of people is Rep. John Lewis who is a celebrated champion of the civil rights movement. He is denied his request to speak.
    I don't even know what to say about HOW they go about denying him.

Here are a couple articles that give you an idea of the type of people attending these protests...
    Occupy Wall Street: Shocking photos show protester defecating on POLICE CAR | Mail Online

Squatters and drug addicts invade Zuccotti Park and Occupy Wall Street protests - NYPOST.com

Occupy Wall Street Spawns Sex, Drugs and Sanitary Concerns | TheBlaze.com