Water Cooling Upgrade

Bwahahaha... The EK 780Ti Backplates are back in stock at multiple retailers! I ordered two and combined my new order with first one... So awesome.... This just made my night... Considering that I checked before I left to work and it was out of stock... *dances*... Computer Hardware, upgrading, modding... I think that I'll be in nerd heaven soon... Pinch me I must be dreaming

Sent from my Nexus 5

Someome will get busy soon :)

If you can create a guide on step by step that would be great.

O lawd... That will be a huge post... I'll have to do it i stages otherwise it would take hours to do all at once... That Titan post I made took about an hour to put together...

I'll post how to's as I go through the process of modding and installing... I am really looking forward to getting this done!

... Naked Ivy...

Sent from my Nexus 5

Last edited:
I just thought about it, if all of my fans are plugged into the fan controller what am I going to plug into the cpu fan plug?

If I remember correctly the pc will not boot unless it detects a cpu fan...

Should I get a different fan controller considering that this is all manual fan control?

I'm open to suggestions and advice

Sent from my Nexus 5

Hunter

The 47 Ronin
I just thought about it, if all of my fans are plugged into the fan controller what am I going to plug into the cpu fan plug?

If I remember correctly the pc will not boot unless it detects a cpu fan...

Should I get a different fan controller considering that this is all manual fan control?

I'm open to suggestions and advice

Sent from my Nexus 5
Goto bios change the CPU fan settings to ignore.
Use the fan controller for all fans in your system, whatever fans that will bother you when loud.
You can join 3x fans in one channel for the controller... Maybe less... Depending on how many amps each channel can handles.

Goto bios change the CPU fan settings to ignore.
Use the fan controller for all fans in your system, whatever fans that will bother you when loud.
You can join 3x fans in one channel for the controller... Maybe less... Depending on how many amps each channel can handles.
Thanks for the info, I doubt I would have figured that out.

I spent about 4 hours on the overclockers forum reading everything I could about water cooling. I think that I'm ready to do this now. I have read that the gentle typhoon fans are almost silent at full tilt, wondering how 6 sound at full tilt. I need to build a stand next to my desk so I can see all the prettiness, it would be a shame to have this case sitting on the floor out of sight.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Don't have room for a nice deak... I have a 60 inch glass top that is big enough for my HP color laser mfp, monitor, kb, mouse and oversized mouse pad... Never really thought about keeping a case on the desk because I have always had them on the floor.

I haven't decided if I will light the inside of the case yet. Uv or white led... Eh I guess I will just have to look at other people's cases to get a better idea

Sent from my Nexus 5