Water Cooling Upgrade

I guess I can't leave well enough alone... I'm looking at a water loop right now because I am wanting to give it a try so if a client asks for it I can build one with some experience under my belt... I would rather fuck around with my money and mess something up than a clients....

So here is what I am looking at right now UDATED 2/27/2014 10:25pm

CPU block ek Supremacy
EK-Supremacy Clean CSQ - Full Copper Products Model: EK-SUPREMACY-CLEAN-CSQ-FC [EK-SUPREMACY-CLEAN-CSQ-FC] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

Gpu block x2
EK-FC780 GTX Ti - Acetal Products Model: EK-FC780-GTX-TI-CA [EK-FC780-GTX-TI-CA] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

Back Plate
EK-FC780 GTX Ti Backplate - Black Products Model: EK-FC780GTX-TI-BP [EK-FC780GTX-TI-BP] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

SLI Bridge
EK-FC Terminal DUAL Parallel 3-Slot - Acetal Products Model: EK-FC-TERMINAL-DUAL-PAR-3SLOT [EK-FC-TERMINAL-DUAL-PAR-3SLOT] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

LED strip
Logisys 12” -18 LED Super Bright Sunlight Stick- Sleeved - White Products Model: ML12WT [ML12WT] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

Pump res combo
D5 Photon 270 Reservoir/Pump Combo Products Model: XSPC-D5-PHOTON-270 [XSPC-D5-PHOTON-270] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

Tubing
Amazon.com : PrimoFlex Advanced LRT 7/16in. x 5/8in. Tubing (10ft pack) - Elegant White : Plastic Flex Tubing : Computers & Accessories

Silver Coil
Amazon.com : Silver Coils - Antimicrobial .999 Fine Silver Strip : Desktop Computer Water Cooling Systems : Computers & Accessories

Filling device
Large Plastic 100ml Syringe + 80cm handy plastic tubing: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Fittings
need Hunter's input for this

TIM
ARCTIC MX-4 Carbon-Based Thermal Compound:Amazon:Computers & Accessories

Rads
360 mm XPC white
XSPC AX360 Triple 120mm Radiator w/ Aluminum Enclosure - White - FrozenCPU.com

240mm XSPC white
XSPC AX240 Dual 120mm Radiator w/ Aluminum Enclosure - White - FrozenCPU.com

Fans- Scythe Gentyle typhoon x 6
Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm x 25mm Fan - 1850 RPM (D1225C12B5AP-15) Hot Item !! - FrozenCPU.com

Fan controller
Amazon.com: NZXT Technologies Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller AC SEN-MIX2-M1 - Matte Black: Computers & Accessories

NEW CASE!!!!
Corsair Carbide air 540
Amazon.com: Corsair CC-9011048-WW Carbide Series Air 540 Windowed ATX High Airflow Cube Performance Computer Case with White LED Fan - Arctic White: Computers & Accessories

PSU CABLES!!!
24 pin
Amazon.com : Corsair CP-8920074 Individually Sleeved AX 860/760 ATX 24pin (Generation 2) WHITE Series: AX Series Watts: 760 860 : Computer Internal Components : Computers & Accessories

Cable Kit
Amazon.com : Professional Individually Sleeved DC Cable Kit, Type 3 (Generation 2), White : Computer Cables : Computers & Accessories

So what I need to know is
-did I get all the parts
-is there a better case for water cooling that won't break the bank
-do I need angled fittings? I think they will lower the flow rate so I'm not sure
- gpu cooling in parallel or series

Is everything right? I think that fc connection for the gpu is all I need... I hope

@Hunter

Please look over and advise this is my first loop and I don't want to fuck it up

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5

Last edited:

Hunter

The 47 Ronin
Your case will be fine (maybe need a little mod) for WC but you need a layout plan. Which parts gonna go where in the case, make the measurement and make sure they will fit with ease.
-Don't use EK fittings, use Bitpower...they are more well none for fittings. You will need some 45 degree angles fittings, don't use 90 degree cause they will add restriction the water flow. Use compression fittings for better looks. You will need some 45 degree rotary compression as well.
-For Rad, make sure they are all copper. Don't mix copper with aluminum.
-Tubing, use Primochill. Make sure the size will fit the fittings.
-You will need a silver kill coil to stop algae from growing inside the loop.
-Fans, use GentleTyphoon 1850
-you will need a drain valve, install it at the lowest point of the loop.
-Don't use pre-mix coolant. Use Silver kill coil + distilled water.

The rest of the parts looked fine. Make sure you take your time, don't rush...do a leak check before apply power to the system.

A-Rich

The 47 Ronin
I've built and upgraded countless computers and yet when I read this, my eyes glaze over like you're rebuilding a car (I know how to put in gas). I'll stick to the stock fans. ha

Looks really good. Will you get matching white k/b and mouse?
I will most likely go with the flat black case... Really don't want to replace $200 worth of mouse and keyboard

I could get 2x 240 mm rads in the case... I am also thinking about using a flat black primer paint on everything... If that is something I can do

Sent from my Nexus 5