Upgrade path

Ghonzo

The 47 Ronin
The Vector 150 is on paper faster than the 840 pro and is made with the newest version of the storage at 19nm... Has a 5 year warranty and the cloning software I will need

I don't just play go although it seems like that is all I do. My games list is full of AAA games that are often extremely taxing on a pc so all that gpu horsepower is for those games and the ones like them that have yet to come.

I'm going to give my raptors to my brother as an upgrade as he decided to go really cheap on that option.

And I feel that I will need the extra gpu horsepower because I plan on moving up to 1440p... Crisis 3 at 1440p get something like 69 fps and I am not sold yet on the idea of buying a new monitor knowing that I will have about 20 percent less fps

I'm basically done with the rig now and all that is left is weather or not I want 1440p...

Sent from my Nexus 5
Will OCZ going to hold up to the 5 year warranty? I remember reading the company is going to shut down.

Will OCZ going to hold up to the 5 year warranty? I remember reading the company is going to shut down.
It was bought out by Toshiba and uses the bleeding edge of the memory technology... I think that they said that the drive is rated at 50gb a day for 5 years... Don't think that I will ever wear it out

Sent from my Nexus 5

Ghonzo

The 47 Ronin
It was bought out by Toshiba and uses the bleeding edge of the memory technology... I think that they said that the drive is rated at 50gb a day for 5 years... Don't think that I will ever wear it out

Sent from my Nexus 5
Ah thats right I forgot Toshiba bought them out XD Jesus 50gb a day is pretty good warranty :p

I cannot believe you are jus now getting one with all the money you have spent on your computer haha.
Never thought I would care about load times or boot times but the past couple client builds the main disk was a Samsung 840 pro and playing around with it much less powerful rigs seemed so much faster than mine. I'm going to get a 512 840 pro for my media because I really won't have to worry about drive failure. I hate having to guess how much longer a hdd will last after I had one fail and can't access my family pictures on it. A ssd for my media would last something like 10+ years considering I would only write to it occasionally.

I'm going to have to work tonight on it.. Enable ahci and disable all the hdd functions like dfrag, cashing and indexing... I think there is about two hours of work to do before I am ready to play but I'm going to get this done tonight..

Sent from my Nexus 5

Just finished the install to include making all the necessary changes in Windows. I will say it is significantly faster but not like HOLY SHIT fast... everything is loaded on boot before the screen displays the desktop so that is pretty impressive and CS:GO loads in about 5 seconds to include the splash screen.

I think what I am liking most is not hearing the loud clicking noises made by the raptors.

I'll be picking up a 1Tb evo soon for the media drive.

Well I guess that is it... all that is left for me to buy is that ASUS Swift 1440p gaming monitor... and I am not really sold on 1440p yet so I'll see how the reviews go

I find it sad that BenQ will not be releasing a 1440p G-sync monitor. Both the 24 and 27 inch models are 1080p.

I would love to discuss the 1440p upgrade with those who are willing

While I'm not as in to gaming as I was before I like the posts on the Samsung 840 and checked the benches. Might be my next purchase. Really that good?

You do an HD Tune bench, what you pulling?