Upgrade path

tuc0

Damn Col. G. You must be super loaded. Show us pix of your PC when you're done.

Nutbutter

Staff member
Again I revert back to Moore's law... and second I say Gasper... WTF do you need a beast like that to play CS:GO for... not gonna make a huge difference man! Once you hit a certian FPS mark it will not change a thing. Like someone said before... you should spend your money on a SSD not another GPU... that is where the biggest bottle neck is gonna be on your comp... even w/ that over priced 10,000 RPM HD you have. Buy this......

SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW 2.5" 256GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - Newegg.com

or any Samsung Pro... those SSD's are tits up man. IMHO you would better off installing all games on this drive and putting your OS on your WD drive.... may boot like 10 or 20 sec slower but the game response is gonna be better for u.

Again I revert back to Moore's law... and second I say Gasper... WTF do you need a beast like that to play CS:GO for... not gonna make a huge difference man! Once you hit a certian FPS mark it will not change a thing. Like someone said before... you should spend your money on a SSD not another GPU... that is where the biggest bottle neck is gonna be on your comp... even w/ that over priced 10,000 RPM HD you have. Buy this......

SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW 2.5" 256GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - Newegg.com

or any Samsung Pro... those SSD's are tits up man. IMHO you would better off installing all games on this drive and putting your OS on your WD drive.... may boot like 10 or 20 sec slower but the game response is gonna be better for u.
The Vector 150 is on paper faster than the 840 pro and is made with the newest version of the storage at 19nm... Has a 5 year warranty and the cloning software I will need

I don't just play go although it seems like that is all I do. My games list is full of AAA games that are often extremely taxing on a pc so all that gpu horsepower is for those games and the ones like them that have yet to come.

I'm going to give my raptors to my brother as an upgrade as he decided to go really cheap on that option.

And I feel that I will need the extra gpu horsepower because I plan on moving up to 1440p... Crisis 3 at 1440p get something like 69 fps and I am not sold yet on the idea of buying a new monitor knowing that I will have about 20 percent less fps

I'm basically done with the rig now and all that is left is weather or not I want 1440p...

Sent from my Nexus 5

Hunter

The 47 Ronin

Col. Gaspar is too hardware crazy for me man!!! I wish I can afford hardware like that.

Col. Gaspar is too hardware crazy for me man!!! I wish I can afford hardware like that.
This is the system that I always wanted... I have went without eating out and beer and other things for a couple of months to finish this... Now that I am done with it I won't put any more money in it for about 4 years or so and at that point I might build a whole new one... Feels good having this monkey off my back

Sent from my Nexus 5