What's new

Upgrade path

FuZion

The 47 Ronin
All you guys in this thread need to read up on 4K tv/monitors a little more closely. It's not THE 4k your thinking of and there pricing them at 2,000$+ AND there only running at 30Hz at the 4k resolution. It's going to be a few more years before it really starts to be part of the gaming community at a descent price.

The best monitor you can buy is the new ROG at 1MS response time which is unreal and 120Hz which also allows 3D gaming.

tuc0

Ya I don't think its worth it sometimes. I had co workers died from work..I have hypertension stage 2, heart issues, liver damage, and kidney damage from work. I will be living off of meds for the rest of my life. Its a trade off so tell me if its worth it.

Regarding your question about 1440p as to 1080p. Will it make the gaming better? Yes of course. Will there be 4K for gaming soon? Yes because 4K TV has been around for a year now and they are pushing 8K projection for movie theater. If you got the spare money for it, do it. Besides that, I think you should just wait until they come out with 4K gaming. Asus just came out their flagship montior on CES, The monitor is called Asus PB287Q which it has 3840 X 2160 resolution. 2160p vs 1440p, that makes 1440p looks like shit in resolution perspective.
What the heck Yao. You're a young boy. What kind of job did you do? You got exposed to chemicals in a sweat shop?

BOT Yao

The 47 Ronin
PM me with basically a good life story. Sounds like you have lead an interesting life full of comprise and hardship, like me, and I would love to get to know you better.

Sent from my Nexus 5
hahaha sure. I will write you a nice little story about me.

Nutbutter

Staff member
Moore's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is the reason that I can not constitute spending crazy amounts of $$ on the latest and greatest. The latest and greatest is best left to those guys (ie. SucideGeorge) who have tester status for vendors like ATI and Intel. My advice is spend your time and money working towards becoming a tester for these companies so that you will receive the products before they are released, get them for free and be able to sell them afterwards. :)

Col. Gaspar

The 47 Ronin
Moore's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is the reason that I can not constitute spending crazy amounts of $$ on the latest and greatest. The latest and greatest is best left to those guys (ie. SucideGeorge) who have tester status for vendors like ATI and Intel. My advice is spend your time and money working towards becoming a tester for these companies so that you will receive the products before they are released, get them for free and be able to sell them afterwards. :)
Mother of God... I didn't know that was an option

Sent from my Nexus 5

A-Rich

The 47 Ronin
After it is all said and done it will be another $2,000 spent and after this I quit! I will stop reading tech news and just update drivers..
I did this about 10 years ago (I'm still broke) :p I'd recommend doing that before spending the $2,000.

Nutbutter

Staff member
Mother of God... I didn't know that was an option

Sent from my Nexus 5
Yea. From what I recall about talking to George about this a few years ago is ..... write a nice professional letter to the company, put in bench marks for your equip in various different current games. One thing... which you shouldn't have a problem with, is having that high speed low drag equipment already to send benchmarks with and make sure your giving the companies your requesting tester status from a lot of good data... couldn't hurt to let them know your a veteran as well. You should contact Suicide George about this.... I am sure he can give you some more specific data that will help your case.