What's new

Today has been a shitty day.

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
I noticed today when I went in to the dealership for an oil change I had a huge fucking needle stuck on my car, it was right on the side, I took it to several shops and none of them could repair it. Since I drive an AWD car I had to replace all 4 tires and get a full re-alignment...$456...Talk about a really bad day.
Plus I did not want to risk things by buying a used tire and doing the re-alignment...more risk than what its worth.

I don't drive much, I only put 25,000 miles on my car in 4 years (bought it brand new 2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i)

When it rains it really pours...

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Globe*

The 47 Ronin
ya.. 4 tires and alignment under 500? last time i put 4 new tires on my truck shit was 1,300! be happy! and think of it this way.. since you dont drive much.. its an investment!

mclovin

bawls.... im scared to death to go for my new tire job... i got the measilest 2 handed ford ranger in the west... im shitting bricks about the next storm because my truck got stranded in 2 inches of snow (1 mile from my house)for a good hour.... and also my work is a good 25 minutes away. gotta live while your young right....? lets go winter......

A-Rich

The 47 Ronin
I'd say it's more of the reason than the cost of tires. If they were used and bald, sure, but $456 due to a stupid needle sucks a$$.
My car's not even worth a set of tires. A flat would make me consider it totaled.

tuc0

Ice .. you got a great deal. Tirerack.com price for the tires only (w/o shipping/balancing/installation/disposal fee) is about $450.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

tuc0

Info for you guys. I shop on ebay for tires-wheels. You have to lurk around on ebay and Craigslist sometimes though, so do this only when you don't need the tires for emergency. Most replace the OE/stock tires-wheels as soon as the car is driven home from the stealership. Last time, I got lucky and bought a GT500 set for about $600 (buy it now, free shipping). They came with TPMS and caps. They were bolt-on and drive-on.

mustang wheels and tires oem | eBay

Fasttrak

Staff member
I noticed today when I went in to the dealership for an oil change I had a huge fucking needle stuck on my car, it was right on the side, I took it to several shops and none of them could repair it. Since I drive an AWD car I had to replace all 4 tires and get a full re-alignment...$456...Talk about a really bad day.
Plus I did not want to risk things by buying a used tire and doing the re-alignment...more risk than what its worth.

I don't drive much, I only put 25,000 miles on my car in 4 years (bought it brand new 2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i)

When it rains it really pours...

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Been there done that twice now, Ice. First time was just after replacing the stock RE92's, going through a Cal Trans work zone a large piece of metal flashing gets kicked up by the car ahead of me and I can't avoid, shredded my 30% worn BF Goodrich Eagle GT's, four new tires. Two years ago, while adding air to the to my tire, the effing thing explodes right in my face, was deaf for about an hour, another set of four tires... LOL

Holy shit!!

25K miles in two years? I do about ten grand over that every year.

Col. Gaspar

The 47 Ronin
I drive about 20k miles a year and I just replaced all my tires and it was $506.17 for my prius... So you got off fairly well considering. Always buy road hazard insurance so you can get free new tires if you get something you can't repair