What's new

To buy or not to buy? 980 gtx TI!

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder

I have a $140 Amazon GC, so if I use it the price would be $556 with tax.

Its not a bad deal, plus if I use my chase freedom card I get 10% cash back which would be another $50...so that makes the deal acceptable.
What do you guys think? Wait for the beginning of the year or jump?

Hunter

The 47 Ronin
the price is kinda high, have you try searching Evga B-stock? They have some amazing price w/ 1yr warranty.

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
hmm @Hunter If I get a B-Stock its like $589 on evga...I rather use my gift card which would become less pricey.
I would actually end up paying less with my gift card if I buy a brand new one from Amazon.
The price is stupid high and yeah....I want something good that will last me for a while but video card prices these days are just stupid...AMD needs to start challenging NVIDIA in performance.

Hunter

The 47 Ronin
But can you sell your GC? and use the cash from it to buy the B-stock or NEW ones from users on the forums.
I saw they are selling new ones for ~$540 on Reddit or Hard. Buy serial-base-warranty MFG like Asus, evga, or MSI....

you can get $130 cash for your $140GC easily. So $540 - $130 that's $410 for the card. Just a thought...

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
But can you sell your GC? and use the cash from it to buy the B-stock or NEW ones from users on the forums.
I saw they are selling new ones for ~$540 on Reddit or Hard. Buy serial-base-warranty MFG like Asus, evga, or MSI....

you can get $130 cash for your $140GC easily. So $540 - $130 that's $410 for the card. Just a thought...
True, its a pretty good deal. Whats the reddit link to browse video cards for sale?

kaM

The 47 Ronin
A normal 980 will be more than enough. In the next month or so the prices of all cards are going to be dropping (just nVidia being a bro)

Hunter

The 47 Ronin
A normal 980 will be more than enough. In the next month or so the prices of all cards are going to be dropping (just nVidia being a bro)
Agreed! That's why I bought a NEW 980 HydroCopper for $300. Best bang for the bucks :)