Thrush

Anyone else have to deal with thrush/candidiasis? If so, how did you get rid of it? How long did it take to go away?

I noticed a little white crap on my tongue two or three days ago, kinda dismissed it, check it that night and realized it was spreading. Pretty confident it is thrush. I can't wipe it, I can scrape some off with a scaler. Haha I really want this shit gone, I'd feel bad kissing anyone knowing something is wrong.

I bought tons of yogurt and have been gargling h2o2, which has helped keep it from becoming those huge crusts you see on google. My next step is to buy a bottle of probiotics (capsules filled with dehydrated Lactobacillus acidophilus) and just open them up and put it all over my tongue to see if hopefully the bacteria can regain some dominance in my mouth.

Now, I referenced Tortora Microbiology and didn't see anything about L. acidophilus being pathogenic. I know a couple people, one person in particular that is good (but I forgot his name), on here are familiar with microbio/medicine stuff. The only thing I am worried about is accidentally breathing in some of the bacteria. I know some Strep bacteria would be terrible to get in my respiratory system, but not sure about acidophilus. Opinions?

yea its gross, my mom had it. I thought I was getting it once, just go to the doctor, they will give you this stuff to gargle, its kind of sweet, kind of gross, but it gets the job done.

yea its gross, my mom had it. I thought I was getting it once, just go to the doctor, they will give you this stuff to gargle, its kind of sweet, kind of gross, but it gets the job done.
Wait I'm confused, you got it from your mom? And meh, I'm bored of this shit. I was slightly amused and liked seeing how alcohol, h2o2, baking soda, yogurt, pure bacteria, etc, would affect the fungus. It just keeps coming back. Doctor time in like 2 hours.

Wait I'm confused, you got it from your mom? And meh, I'm bored of this shit. I was slightly amused and liked seeing how alcohol, h2o2, baking soda, yogurt, pure bacteria, etc, would affect the fungus. It just keeps coming back. Doctor time in like 2 hours.
no lol I never got it... but yea the doctor will probably give you some really sticky orange liquid thats really odd tasting. just gargle it and that will get rid of it. forget the name of the stuff.

I always recommend going to the doctor first thing when weird shit is growing on you.

MY QUESTION TO YOU IS: where did you get a yeast infection on your tongue from.....hmmmmmmmmm

built[4]sin

Staff member
cap, you're probably thinking of me. i'm no doctor, but i can tell you that you should see one. lol home remedies only work when the ingredients in them mimic what you can get from someone who knows wtf they're doing. in fact, i'd be interested in the active compound(s) in the medicine the doctor prescribes...

absolutely DON'T kiss anyone and DON'T sneeze, cough or talk in anyone's face... just common courtesy :)