The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by ProfChaos, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Sakin

Sakin New Member

2. mbenson

mbenson Member

i have to agree with my bros. if you survived the Zombie Apocalypse you have to be incredibly smart as a survivor or have the best damn luck in the world. obviously the girl and her mom are in the latter category with their luck running out.

as i said before, i cant believe Shane and Rick stood by as rick's kid tried to do an incredibly stupid thing while they are supposed to be searching for the missing girl. but i guess it makes for a more dramatic story. sigh.

3. mbenson

mbenson Member

In the spirit of The Walking Dead series, Halloween and forthcoming Zombie Apocalypse, how would you prepare before and react after the EVENT? yea i know i did a poll recently but I want to hear details on how everyone would react?

I had a good discussion with my best friend. We came up with the idea of either going up to wilderness in Canada because of the game and other natural resources you can live off of. Or find a nice tropical deserted island. Maybe invite a couple of babes so we can propagate our species. Probably need more a few if we want a good genetic pool. 8P

Love to hear other ideas...

4. [sfg]iants

[sfg]iants Member

I wouldn't prepare before it, and it it happens all I got is a bat in my room. That'll work. What I would do once it's happened? There's a couple of schools near my house I'd probably check out for the near future.
    Edit: My old High School was surrounded by fences. Would be a very good place to go to, as all the gates can be closed and locked.

5. mbenson

mbenson Member

nice. but what about food and water? sanitation? staying in a stationary place like a school would require quite a bit of supplies depending on how long the ZA lasts. Months? Years? Although I suppose you can leave the school to raid for supplies at all the un-attended supermarkets, gun stores, malls, etc.

I choose the Canadian Wilds because theoretically there's an abundance of natural resources (wood for fire/shelter, water, game for food) and a scarce human population. Of course, i'd bring along the gear I would need to survive indefinitely (guns, ammo, tools for building shelter and survival books).

6. [sfg]iants

[sfg]iants Member

There's a grocery store literally across the street from the school and my school has like 5 different buildings and a lot of outdoor space. So I/we wouldn't be confined to just being inside a big building. Not saying this would be a permanent place, but it would be a good spot to initially stay. They lock up the school when school is not in session, so there wouldn't be too many people/zombies there.

7. eNikXe

eNikXe Member

I'd find a way to CutScene, he has exceptional knowledge of firearms and foraging so he can provide for me while keeping me safe.

8. Havoc.Sp

Havoc.Sp Staff Member Moderator

After everyone telling me how awesome this show is, I watched all the episodes yesterday and today. I'm not much into zombie-anything but this show is pretty good. As Sakin's post point out there are some annoying things that make you want to faceplam, but an interesting show none-the-less.

9. Snowman

Snowman The 47 Ronin

my post wasn't posted or got erased.. sometimes my phone posts' dont' always work.

i digress.. MY FAVORITE SHOW.. HATE THAT I HAD TO WAIT 10 MONTHS FOR IT TO COME BACK ON..
    I Think for an opening episode it was 7/10.. few errors.. ( the girl does tick me off) and yes Rick and Shane Letting his (*Rick's ) Son go out to the deer was pretty der.. but it was IMO to a "right of passage" in a sense.. (similar to boy becoming man etc, and Ricks' asking GOD for a Sign) To which GOD replies..DON"T BE FUCKING STUPID OR I WILL TAKE WHAT YOU HOLD DEAR AWAY FROM YOU!.. IMO..

But yes I am VERY VERY MUCH WAITING TO SINK MY ZOMBAIE TEETH"S INTO THE SECOND SEASON OF THIS SERIES!! YAY!!!

10. [sfg]iants

[sfg]iants Member

Calm down Snow. LMAO