The fitness thread! (trash talkers need not apply)

I've got some of those boards. I did some of that when my shoulder was jacked up. Good stuff for working out your legs for sure. I can't really mountain bike. Houston is flat lol. Thanks for the ideas.

FuZion

The 47 Ronin
I've got some of those boards. I did some of that when my shoulder was jacked up. Good stuff for working out your legs for sure. I can't really mountain bike. Houston is flat lol. Thanks for the ideas.
True, didnt think about the location you live in. But the pool is your best bet then. Pool is one of the best workouts of all.

PoWdA

I need some input, dudes! I just got some unfortunate news from my doctor. I've been having problems with stress fractures in my leg for the past couple years. This is usually a very minor injury, but mine keeps coming back. After going over all my stuff (don't feel like explaining on the medical terminology that I half understand), my doctor basically told me I'm done running. I need some input on "fun" ways to get good cardio workouts. I say fun because I love(d) running. Just going out for a jog with some music and not caring about anything except where I step is an awesome feeling. Since I can no longer do that, I need some alternatives. I plan on swimming A LOT this Summer, but I could see that being limited by upper body workouts. I dunno if I can swim every day like I used to run every day. I have an exercise bike and an elliptical machine, but those both bore the living shit out of me. Staying in one spot just doesn't do it for me. I know I'm getting a solid workout, but I wanna be on the move. I'm thinking of either buying some new tires for my old bike or a new bike altogether. I'm also going to try to get involved with some sports leagues around here. I'm allowed to run around for short periods on grass and such, so I can play something like baseball/softball. I don't know if soccer would be a good idea since that's pretty constant running.

tl;dr version: I can't run anymore. Need some ideas for good cardio workouts. Help me out!
BRAZILLIAN JIU-JITSU!!!

It is surprisingly low impact and an incredible workout cardio wise. What area are you in? I would suggest at least checking a place out. Generally they offer a few free classes up front. You should do it bro. You are on the ground the whole time and generally speaking you won't even learn leg attacks, or have your legs attacked until you have been training a few years. Even the leg attacks are low impact and target the knee/ankle and you can tap fast (no striking blows). Not only that but I couldn't imagine getting stress fractures from any of the leg attacks anyway. I am dead serious man it sounds perfect. What are are you in? If you would be interested at all you should let me know what area you are in and I can try and recommend a good school.