The fitness thread! (trash talkers need not apply)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by phokyu, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Awoll

Awoll New Member

I've got some of those boards. I did some of that when my shoulder was jacked up. Good stuff for working out your legs for sure. I can't really mountain bike. Houston is flat lol. Thanks for the ideas.

2. FuZion

FuZion The 47 Ronin

True, didnt think about the location you live in. But the pool is your best bet then. Pool is one of the best workouts of all.

3. PoWdA

PoWdA New Member

BRAZILLIAN JIU-JITSU!!!

It is surprisingly low impact and an incredible workout cardio wise. What area are you in? I would suggest at least checking a place out. Generally they offer a few free classes up front. You should do it bro. You are on the ground the whole time and generally speaking you won't even learn leg attacks, or have your legs attacked until you have been training a few years. Even the leg attacks are low impact and target the knee/ankle and you can tap fast (no striking blows). Not only that but I couldn't imagine getting stress fractures from any of the leg attacks anyway. I am dead serious man it sounds perfect. What are are you in? If you would be interested at all you should let me know what area you are in and I can try and recommend a good school.

4. WhiteWalls

WhiteWalls Member

i dead lift 375 every two weeks
    if that counts for something
    i weigh around 180