TF2 can some one explain how to play it, seems like its impossible to kill any one

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike: Source' started by Blood Fiend, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Blood Fiend

Blood Fiend Active Member

so yah, i only managed to kill one guy in half hour, so wtf, how do i activate the turrets and all that fancy stuff...

2. Dickfor.

Dickfor. The 47 Ronin

i don't have the patience for this game... don't understand the fun in it.
    the turrets are done by using the "Engineer" and you press 4 to bring up a menu and you should see a turret option there
    and then you beat on it with a monkey wrench to make it more powerfull.......
    Thats why i will only ever be in the server to populate it.
    so if you ever need a non-stat whore medic, im first in line

3. built[4]sin

built[4]sin Staff Member Moderator

i just dl'd this last night and am a little intimidated by the lack of instruction, myself

4. d00b

d00b The 47 Ronin

I just started playing the game myself, so I am still a noob at it. Being the engineer is kinda tricky because sometimes you'll spend 5 minutes upgrading your sentry gun and dispenser and put it in the wrong place and have it blown up in 5 seconds, or even worse, get shot carrying it to a new location. The easiest ways I get kills is with a scout, pyro or sometimes heavy (especially at the beginning of the round)

5. el jorge loco

el jorge loco Staff Member Moderator

Well, I'm an avid Brink player even though it is mired by so many problems.

The game runs like TF2, but with better training exercises. Too bad the online play is shit until they fix that shit with the new full game fix in the upcoming DLC.

Offline game is okay, but the AI bots are semi-retarded

6. gregomyeggo

gregomyeggo Contributor

I never seemed to have a problem with engi, theres also two synergy items that work very well together if you dont like spending time on your turret... theres a mechanical claw item that makes it so your turrets build really fast, but they cant be upgraded... or healed I dont think... but the good thing is that they can be used on the go. The shotgun that goes with it is that for every kill your turret gets, you get criticals on your shotgun equal to that number when it dies.

7. The Hamburglar

The Hamburglar Member

yeah, this game definitely takes time and lots of patience. i didnt get into it a whole lot the first time i played it, but ill give it another go...

8. liljenn

liljenn Member

DOOB! HURRY AND MAKE ME A DISPENSER! :mad:

TF2 drives me crazy as well. I just choose the Pyro or Heavy and burn/shoot bitches in my way :)

9. Ghonzo

Ghonzo The 47 Ronin

Lol Jenn XD

Btw how did u make that sig?? i always wanted to make an animated sig maybe ill make one of me kill u in GG server :p

10. gregomyeggo

gregomyeggo Contributor

me personally, I never had any trouble with the game when I started. I wouldnt suggest playing engineer while learning whats what though.