UNBANNED [supersaiyan]Straightjack3t STEAM_0:0:265685

Discussion in 'CS:S Ban/Report Archives' started by mbenson, Aug 8, 2011.

1. mbenson

mbenson Member

I banned him for a day after observing some questionable kills. I got a short video of him throwing a smoke from upper tuns to B and immediately shooting and killing someone thru the smoke like he knew he was there (i.e. wallhack). Dick Cheney said he got a video of the previous round of him shooting thru the Bomb site B window.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

MBenson

2. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Staff Member Founder

Please post demo asap.

3. mbenson

mbenson Member

just posted it. Dick Cheney will be posting his demo shortly.

4. Ghonzo

Ghonzo The 47 Ronin

Wasnt he on our watch list from before?

5. Straightjck3t

Straightjck3t New Member

May I appeal this here?

In Game Nickname: Straightjack3t
    Date Banned: 8/8/2011
    STEAM ID: STEAM_0:0:265685
    PunkBuster-ID: (Battlefield Servers only)
    Reason of ban: wallhacks
    Admin that banned you: MBenson
    Why we should unban you: I wasn't hacking and I like 47r as a server. I've been playing here on and off for the last year and a half.

To explain the smoke kill. That was luck, but here's my explanation as to why I fired into it. When someone smokes tunnel and you can't see in or out of it, typically that means someone may be rushing through the smoke. I was just shooting random cover fire, luck gave me the hs.

6. mbenson

mbenson Member

understood, straitjck3t. there is a second demo that will be posted. if the majority of members and/or Icewolf says the demos are insufficient as proof of hacking, you will be unbanned. For now, I made the ban for 1 day only pending review of the demos. please be patient while we go through the review process.

7. Straightjck3t

Straightjck3t New Member

Thanks for the quick reply mbenson. well hopefully this will get all cleared up.

8. d00b

d00b The 47 Ronin

hahah all I noticed is me and dick cheney saying the F word. Great Demo guys! Honestly, I didn't see anything suspicious. I often get multiple kills scouting tunnels when its smoked and they try to rush B.

It also says something about his character that he immediately came to the forums to get unbanned and is being very polite. So we will wait and see what proof dick cheney has I suppose.

9. built[4]sin

built[4]sin Staff Member Moderator

fwiw, i have not watched the demo(s) but i have specc'd straightjacket before after he's made some "woah wtf" kills. i've yet to see anything indicative of hax in real-time... and, as d00b mentioned above, he's always been a good character guy in the pub that i've seen

10. Dehugger

Dehugger Contributor

I havnt watched it (on a laptop without CS:S) but everything Built and d00b said pretty much sum up my feelings on the matter.