Summer anime season 2011

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jakeypoo, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Jakeypoo

Jakeypoo New Member

This tread is for anyone on the forum who likes/loves/watches anime regularly. Just wanting to have a general discussion on the current anime season and maybe last seasons also but strictly that. The summer season just started so I just wanted to see what other people though of them if anyone else does watch anime that is.

Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi, No. 6, Usagi Drop, Nurarihyon no Mago 2: Sennen Makyou, and Sacred Seven just to name a few.

Any of the current or last season anime are open for discussion and/or thoughts.

2. liljenn

liljenn Member

Thumbs up for Nurarihyon season 2! Do you read the manga as well? Here are some I started watching because I ran out of anime to watch:

Blood C (It's CLAMP, enough said.)
    Blade (wtfbbq? They made it into an anime, I had to! He speaks Japanese, come on!)
    Toriko (really good! From the people that make One Piece)

3. el jorge loco

el jorge loco Staff Member Moderator

damn you chicks love CLAMP and BONES.

I swear to god, once Bleach is kaput, it's just gonna be Gundam and watching the classics

4. Jakeypoo

Jakeypoo New Member

I watched the first season but didn't read the manga of Nurarihyon. Do you recommend it? I'm a pretty avid manga reader, though i do get lazy and don't keep up with new releases besides Naruto, Bleach, Hitman Reborn, Fairy Tail, and One Piece. Basically that main Jump mangas.

I've heard good things about Blood C. I'm a fan of Clamp also. I might check out Blade if i get bored but I'm back up on last season anime which Toriko is also on haha.

On the note of Bleach, I gave up watching bleach half way true the Aizen arc and I strictly just read Bleach now. Whenever I do catch up with my anime I might consider taking a stroll down memory lane and watch a couple of classics also. If you haven't seen or read Hunter X Hunter you should check it out. Its freaking awesome.

5. Ghonzo

Ghonzo The 47 Ronin

Blade, Blood C and Black Lagoon XD

Still going Bleach, Naruto, Fairy Tail, Nura

6. liljenn

liljenn Member

Hunter x Hunter is one of my all time favorites. No other anime like it so far.

I do recommend Nurarihyon manga because the anime kind of skips around a bit. I actually kept up with Bleach anime but they put in this filler arc (as usual) and is different from the manga once again. I also read/watch Fairy Tail, Hitman Reborn, and all the Jump ones as well. BUT START WATCHING TORIKO!

Anime is the reason why I am doing bad in my classes. FML :(

7. Jakeypoo

Jakeypoo New Member

Agreed with HxH, no other anime or manga is like it. It was so different and a refreshing story and plot at the time of its release.

That seems to hold true for a lot of mangas that get turned into an anime. The story seems to jump around and told in a different order than the manga. I'll definitely pick up Nurarihyon and Toriko. I see Toriko manga releases all the time also where I read my manga, I just haven't picked it up yet.

Its pretty funny that anime and manga actually influences my school work and studying time more than games. =/

8. Jakeypoo

Jakeypoo New Member

Could I get this thread moved to the anime/manga section please?
    And if possible a sticky for anyone willing to talk and discuss the current anime season.

Thank you

9. S-Dawg

S-Dawg The 47 Ronin

Because I get bored at work, I've turned into a manga reader haha. I'll check out some of those soon!

10. WATER3

WATER3 Member

I don't know where to go / what to watch. I was a big fan of Darker than Black, Requiem of the Phantom, and even Fullmetal Alch: Brotherhood.