Straight Cut Gears!!

Discussion in 'Auto Section' started by Cup Full of LOL, Sep 12, 2011.

1. SigSauerKraut

SigSauerKraut New Member

If you're using it for something that's only going to see the track, go for it (post vidieos, please). I can't imagine living with that kind of noise with no syncros for everyday driving.

@Fasttrak
    Drifting, though considered by some to be nothing more than a form of automotive figure-skating, does require a lot of control and precision (both in driving skill and suspension set-up). Though it should be considered that drifting does have practical applications in motorsports. In rally racing (seen in LOL's third video), drifting is essential when most of a rally takes place on surfaces with little or no traction. In this situation, controlling a sliding car becomes key to winning.

2. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Staff Member Founder

Takes many years to master the art of drifting.

3. Fasttrak

Fasttrak Staff Member Moderator

Oh I get how drifting is used in many motor-sports as my step father raced midgets for like three decades. We even have a bit of the flat track motorcycle racer scene still going on in mid Ca. But drifting as a solo sport still leaves me wondering why. Anytime you have to use judges and scoring in motorsports I just have to scratch my head. Call me old fashioned but I think motorsports, think racing not build judging or the like, should be about time based competition. Heck, I still enjoy flat-tracking my dirtbikes as I do not hit moto-x tracks and the like anymore, just two-track and some single-track around Nor Cal.

Fasttrak