Speeding ticket

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Captain Cap, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Fasttrak

Fasttrak Staff Member Moderator

All good points, Nutt, I have used them to beat two tickets of which were total bullshit. Thankfully neither time the PO did not show and the case was dropped, but I spent a shitload of time photographing the area, getting witness statements (one of the tickets had a friend and his doctor wife right behind me) and the PO just did not show. These days it is easier to just take traffic court or pay the fine.

I can honestly say that most of the tickets I have received in... a couple decades of driving :-P I deserved. Of those only two PO truly pissed me off with hostile attitude or truly too stupid to have earned the right to wear the badge. Even had a couple guys that were both humorous and decent folk and the ticket experience was... pleasant as a ticket can be. One guy, in Los Gatos of all places, actually had me and my friends laughing as he could of done stand up comedy.. Sadly some very humorless folks with piss-poor people skills end up actually getting into the police department..

Fasttrak

2. mbenson

mbenson Member

3. Blood Fiend

Blood Fiend Active Member

Make the Bastard Chase you!

4. Fasttrak

That last speeding ticket I got was nasty enough that I opted for the online traffic school. Figured I could rush through it pretty quick and of course procrastinated to the last minute. So of course the Sunday before the damned class was to be complete I sauntered up to the computer, logged in.. and realized them fuckers added a timer for every god damned screen so you could read it ten fucking times backwards O.O

Fasttrak

5. Western Bacon Cheeseburge

Western Bacon Cheeseburge New Member

You think 15 over should be okay? I've seen ppl get pulled over for 5 over. Depends on a bunch of things, but more than road conditions or time of day, it depends on the cop and how you treat him once he pulls you over.

6. Captain Cap

Captain Cap New Member

Yeah :/
    I researched a bunch of shit and I'm pretty confident I'm screwed. Also, I have two jobs and school, I'm literally swamped most days from 8am-9pm, so I can't afford to make the court date. Just gonna do traffic school.

7. Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy The 47 Ronin

ive gotten a couple in MN, both ended up being $120 with no court date. my second one i was doin 80 something in a 60 but the cop was legit and dropped it down. in MN if you are 20 mph over the limit its considered wreckless and it turns into a whole other mess of shit. as far as i know here you only need to go to court if you are going to argue it, ive always been guilty lol so no sense in arguing.

8. Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy The 47 Ronin

and yes, like a lot of people have been saying, it depends on the cop really. my friend got pulled over for doin 35 in a 30 before, cop was just bored i suppose... i dunno, all the times i have been pulled over i am just honest and i try to treat them as human as possible. my best friends mom was a cop for many years, they are just normal people usually and want to be treated like a normal person. sure you can get the dick head cops too but i fortunately havent. just be cool. they wont fuck with you if you dont fuck with them. ive had bud in my possession many times while being pulled over too lol, just be cool and you will get away XD

9. Fasttrak

No doubt! You want to elevate a simple traffic citation into something more severe? Just talk with attitude and plenty of swearing, it will end with you being hauled off in handcuffs and your car getting impounded. I have, to some degree, talked my way out of a couple low level tickets. It was obvious the guy was just fishing to see if I was drunk or legit and working swing-shift, let me go after checking registration and insurance.

Fasttrak

10. Captain Cap

Captain Cap New Member

Haha Ice, these ads are pretty good.
    trafficticketad.