Speeding ticket

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Captain Cap, Aug 17, 2011.

1. el jorge loco

el jorge loco Staff Member Moderator

Spotting eNoN in the wild is like spotting a wild Kangaskhan!

Getting a ticket will either deter you from speeding again or it will make you be more cautious and observant of police officers when speeding from now on ahaha. Git'er done!

2. Fasttrak

Fasttrak Staff Member Moderator

In California it is truly getting ugly with regards to what city officials are forcing as far as rural route speed limits. I live out in the Coastal area of mostly agriculture rural route, typically the unposted speed limit is 40mph for Ca. Recently some cities I drive through on my sales route are placing speed limit signs in tough to see areas for absolutely no reason at all other then to create a speed trap. Typically the area has absolutely no housing tracts anywhere within miles. Has mostly agricultural fields for miles with low traffic and quite a bit of roadside vegetation and poorly placed signs that make it easy to overlook that the speed limit has just been forced to 25mph and of course the local PO has nice little covered areas to park their ass so as not to be seen prior to entering the speed trap. Thankfully I know this area well and painfully follow the speed limits even though it is pointless and retarded to do so. Kind of sad the state of affairs in Ca and the means by which some cities are attempting to cover losses in capitol gains and other areas.

Fasttrak

3. Fasttrak

If money is tight I would just pick up the cheapest GPS Bestybuy or such has available and make sure it has the option to show your speed. I got a cheap Magellan last year when I got my new territory and it has a flip out panel that shows either heading info or speed traveled. Cheaper then the cost of a mechanics single hour of labor.

Fasttrak

4. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Staff Member Founder

Or get a detector :D

5. Cup Full of LOL

Cup Full of LOL Contributor

First ticket I ever got was a speeding ticket. And it was extreme!! I was doing 110mph+ on the I-105 Freeway going home from work. I had just got my license driving my 1973 Charger (which I still have in top condition) at 16 years old hahaha. They could have cuffed me, but they let me go since they had a emergency. But he still wrote me the ticket at 100mph. The Judge looked at me, took off his glasses, and said, "You're lucky I'm in a good mood today and this is your first offense.....and you have a clean record". I just got the usual one point (for a moving violation), and the option to go to driving school (which I did). The fine was $351 (back in 2002), traffic school was $26, and to ask for driving school from the court was another $25. The total?! $402. Your ticket shouldn't be higher than $200. Besides, it was ONLY 15mph over.

6. Fasttrak

You know if detectors work for those new Lidar setups they are using in CA? Cause that shit is total bullshit! Recently got a speeding ticket for 87 in a 65 and the dumbass CHP officer, not relevant but a bull-dyke, shot that Lidar across five lanes of traffic and claims she, "Cleanly got me!" It was all I could do not to call her full of shit. I was the third car back in a moving roadblock in the fast lane. The second lane had four cars going well past ten over us in the fast lane and I was trying to get out from behind the asshole holding us up. N bound 101 and as we approach a fairly sharp left hand sweeper I see the CHP officer sitting out her door and pointing something down the road, obvious she is tagging speeds of folks. Still stuck behind the slower moving traffic I back off and settle behind our rolling road-block. Sure as shit our group rolls past her and she is diving into the car and roaring up the road. I look around and see a Honda in the third lane looks to be the fastest moving around some fairly heaving traffic. This CHP officer forces her ass across traffic and can only get to the third lane and starts flashing her lights and sorta looking at me. So I slowly try to move right as she slows down and opens some space to my right, as I start moving over the guy in the blue Honda actually almost causes an accident trying to get between me and the CHP officer.

Finally to the side of the road and I am fucking fuming. Up strolls 5' 5", 210 lbs of pure bull-dyke (it is pertinent in this story so I left it in) and gruffly asks me if I know why she pulled me over?

I responded with, "Cause I was the dumbass following a rolling roadblock?"

Meh, the conversation at this point got a tad ugly with the threat of arrest for rude commentary to a police officer and I was already late to a sales meeting where a client wanted to toss lots of money at me. Turns out this tard had Lidared the blue Honda, I drive a blue Subaru, but could not even give me the line of cars in front of me or the four cars in the second lane and what she thought the speed differential was. At this point it was obvious she wasn't even certain who she had tagged but since she had me to the side of the road I was gonna eat the entire amount of a 22 miles over the speed limite ticket! She also in a gruff manner said my chances of winning in court against being tagged by Lidar zero... Fuck me!

Thank god for traffic school online!

Fasttrak

7. Cup Full of LOL

Fasttrak, If you're like me or Phokyu, you'll know like 74.9% of cops are BS....

8. Haze

Haze Contributor

74.9% huh... I always thought it was 95%of cops are full of it.

9. Cup Full of LOL

You're right. That 74.9% is worldwide (excluding Cali)......the total is 95% LOL!!

10. Nutbutter

Nutbutter Staff Member Moderator

Speaking from experience here.... if you don't wanna pay here are some steps to follow depending on how valuable your time is.... ie... i make more per hour than is worth wasting my time.

1. If you don't have the money and you don't make a lot of it... first thing is to file a continuance for your court date. Unless your hearing is an arraignment hearing, which is to plead guilty or not guilty and set a court date for the hearing. This 1 makes it more difficult for the officer to make it in to your assigned date which is usually assigned based on the hours he works. Simple process. I recommend pushing it out a month or so. If the cop don't show up to the court date then they have no case and the ticket will be dismissed!

2. This should be +++1 as if you ever get pulled over this has helped me in getting off out of RESPECT. The cop don't know you from shit when he pulls you over (i.e. im a killer who has no regard for cops or human life) so the main thing is to make his job easier on him and to make him more comfortable is of 1 not getting shot in the face and 2 not wasting his time, put grab your Drivers License, Insurance and Reregistration and put them in your hands before he gets up to your window and put both hands on the steering wheel in plain sight!

3. If you don't wanna pay higher insurance premiums and your able too go to traffic school to get the "ticket removed from your record" (I did this as you can get judges that will say oh if you pay we will remove the points, which has no bearing on your insurance premiums as the ticket still shows and will effect your rate! Removed from your record is the key!

4. Always check all if the info on your ticket.... ie. Name, (First, Middle and Last) if spelled incorrect or in wrong place this can get dismissed. Wrong DOB, SSN and or other things can also get a dismissal... not address though as that is your responsibility to update and can get u fined in some states!

5. If you have the money and cant waste the time hire a lawyer. I have had a lawyer take care of a ticket for me (speeding) buy going to the arraignment hearing setting a court date and then paying 300 dollars for him to get it dismissed.