Speeding ticket

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Captain Cap, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Captain Cap

Captain Cap New Member

Oh yeah, my speed sensor broke a couple weeks ago. I can't tell how fast I'm going. Guess it's time to get this shit fixed.

Find your OC Pay Number

This is a sample of what I'll be getting. So it a) pay the fine, or b) pay the fine plus a little more for traffic school?

2. tuc0

tuc0 Well-Known Member

I had a ticket once going 85 or so on 65 zone. CHP wrote it down for 75 instead. Paid about $300 total. Make sure you go to traffic school or your insurance will go up pretty high. I learned from it. I drive 65-70 on 65 with cruise control. Less stress and saves fuel anyway. Don't have to keep scanning rearview for cop.

3. el jorge loco

el jorge loco Staff Member Moderator

do traffic school so you don't get a point on your driving record.

4. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Staff Member Founder

I did 30 on a school zone with lights blinking...I got. $100 fine...this was when I was 17...
    I deserved that one and I am thankful they caught me...I am very careful nowadays...

5. eNoN

eNoN New Member

I got pull over for going 80 in a 70 and it costs me $120. But I believe if you are in the 10-20plus over the speed limit, it might be roughly $300.

6. built[4]sin

built[4]sin Staff Member Moderator

ENON SIGHTING!!!!!!! zomg i've missed you! (no homo?)

cap, good rule of thumb, ALWAYS do school when it's offered and, if it's not offered, show up to traffic court with your hat in hand and the commissioner will reduce your fine 99% of the time

7. A-Rich

A-Rich The 47 Ronin

You may already know this, but you don't have to go to court unless you plan on fighting the ticket. I've gotten a couple, but I just paid'em and did the traffic school. Second time around, I did the traffic school online. Instead of sitting for 8 hours in class, the online version had 8 chapters and quizzes. I printed the material to PDF and had a quick open book test, so I was done in about an hour or less instead of 8. I'll be going that route again if I get another ticket.

8. el jorge loco

el jorge loco Staff Member Moderator

If you are in California, they are or have closed a loophole where you can do traffic school more than once during a calendar year (or yearly period). So be careful about getting them tickets.

9. WhiteWalls

WhiteWalls Member

i got one for like 185
    going 50 in a 25
    do the schooling so it doesnt go on your record

10. mbenson

mbenson Member

also check to see if you can do your traffic school online (as opposed to attending a real class). my cousin got a ticket a month ago and did her traffic school over the internet. took like an hour.

wow! enon sightting. thats a rare event. 8)