Speeding ticket

Ugh, got pulled over for 55 in a 40 on a perfectly clear road after 10pm. I hate this cop.

What have your guys' average speeding tickets cost? And does anyone know the cost of traffic school?

Also, the cop was being pushy about me signing the ticket, he kinda barked at me to sign it, I said "hold on, lemme read this" and he said "hurry, sign it now!" so I didn't really have time to comfortably check the court date. Is it easy to change the court date? I absolutely can't make the day/time, I have class.

Haze

Contributor
The court date is on your ticket, or at least that's how it is in az.. Btw, You have to sign the ticket I believe, but that's not you admitting guilt. I'm sure jorge can give you a lot more accurate info on this though.

Haze

Contributor
never gotten a speeding ticket but i got a ticket on my bicycle once. Gayest shit ever...
HAH almost as bad as getting a ticket on a fucking goped. My parents laughed their asses off so hard, they couldn't believe it. I was like 14 at the time though.

S-Dawg

The 47 Ronin
Well my most expensive ticket was $300 somthing(going 84 in a 60 zone)... It depends on how many mph you are above the speed limit... and Im not sure if it varies from state to state. My guess is high $100's mid $200's...

Well, 15 mph over is a lot. Most cops overlook 5-10 mph differences, 15 is pushing it. My opinion as a police officer, I would have given you a ticket too. Also, it's normally a bit of a hassle to change a court date.

el jorge loco

Staff member
I've never gotten a speeding ticket either ahaha, and I've sped quite a bit on occasion.

What is the fine they are charging? Is this your first offense?

built[4]sin

Staff member
by the time i turned 21 i had 10 speeding tix and 1 failure to stop... lead foot more pls?

ticket fines and school costs depend on the violation, the jurisdiction and state fees. if you can't make the court date, you can mail in your request for school along with your minimum fine (call the court if you can't figure it out from the ticket). traffic school is expensive up-front, but it'll save you insurance money in the long run, imho

Well, 15 mph over is a lot. Most cops overlook 5-10 mph differences, 15 is pushing it. My opinion as a police officer, I would have given you a ticket too. Also, it's normally a bit of a hassle to change a court date.
Eh, fuck him. The road was 100% clear, no cars, no pedestrians, road was dry, visibility was fine. This is the last time I drive on primary side roads late at night, looks like I'll pretty much be staying on beach blvd for now on.

I've never gotten a speeding ticket either ahaha, and I've sped quite a bit on occasion.
What is the fine they are charging? Is this your first offense?
He didn't write an amount on the ticket, this is my first offense.

FuZion

The 47 Ronin
I usually chill @ 10mph, but some cops end up following my blue beauty around town, keep it @ 10 over man you should be fine. Hey boneless, when u enter a town and lets say its like 35, would it be ok to go like 44? 43? cops really change there tone on where you were speeding? my town is a 3-lane 35mph zone, it WAS 45 a couple years ago, now its a fuckin 35, which nobody drives @ but ive seen quite a few people pulled over.