Smart phone thread...

Discussion in 'Technology Talk' started by Space Cowboy, Jul 13, 2011.

1. The Hamburglar

The Hamburglar Member

I run a Samsung Mesmerize 4G with an endless tethering app. no other mods, but its the best phone i have encountered. HANDS DOWN!

2. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Staff Member Founder

I have an iPhone 4 black and still bone stock...did not jail break.

3. Haze

Haze Contributor

Thunderbolt. Still stock. Battery life last 4-6 hours even when I don't touch my phone... Yeah battery blows.

4. liljenn

liljenn Member

I have a rooted Nexus One running Gingerbread and Cyanogen 7. I don't know what overclocking means but I can tether as well. I mostly mod the appearance of the interface.

My lock screen and home screen, so pretty yea?

ss.

5. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Staff Member Founder

I am not surprised that your screen is pink!
    -IcEWoLF

6. civil servant

civil servant The 47 Ronin Contributor

I haven't decided for sure yet, but I'm probably going with the Droid Incredible 2. AT&T sucks here but I'm still half-considering the no-contract T-Mobile. I read today that they're supposed to lower their rates this week sometime. If that happens then T-Mobile will get a serious looking at. Probably not a gawk...more like a bit of a leer. Your phone ain't shit if it gets no reception everytime you leave the highway.

7. Ghonzo

Ghonzo The 47 Ronin

Lets see i got a HTC Inspire 4G loving it but battery life suck balls tho only getting about 11hrs or so with gaming here and there using Battery Booster.

Not sure if i can overclock this phone and not planning to root my phone

8. WATER3

WATER3 Member

I've had the same phone for about 5 years. I don't anticipate upgrading to a smart phone anytime soon. My friends laugh because I drive a car with about 200 more HP than I need, yet I don't feel the need for something as practical and useful as a smart phone. Some of the richest people in my city's business community are the same way. They drive $160k AMG Mercedes, Porsches and Jags but bock at the idea of adding another $50/mo to their phone bill for a smart phone.