Shopping for a new headset.

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
Any suggestions?
I am getting tired of my World of Warcraft wireless headset.
It keeps cutting the sound in and out and there is always interference problems.
These cost me a pretty dime 1 1/2 years ago. I did end up getting a great deal from SG.
I will not touch another wireless headset!
Going to RMA my current headset and get a new one and then sell it on ebay.

I was browsing through and the for the money I'd get to sell my old headset and maybe put few dollars in I might be able to afford these:
Newegg.com - steelseries 61051SS 7H USB Headset

Havoc.Sp

Staff member
If you have a decent sound card that can do dolby headphone or cmss-3d, you might look at getting a nice pair of stereo cans. such as the sennheiser hd555. I know SG has been raving about the logitech g35s which use dolby headphone over the USB. TBH it all depends on what your ear likes, but its hard to find a place that will let you test all the different headsets/headphones out there.

I say get these because they've been well received throughout the market. It'll be interesting to see what you think of them, especially compared to something as silly as the World of Warcraft headset. $144 is quite a lot, however. I wish you lived closer so we could compare them to some of my favorite Sennheiser and Turtle Beach sets.

Ghonzo

The 47 Ronin
I say get these because they've been well received throughout the market. It'll be interesting to see what you think of them, especially compared to something as silly as the World of Warcraft headset. $144 is quite a lot, however. I wish you lived closer so we could compare them to some of my favorite Sennheiser and Turtle Beach sets.
Hey Water can you recommend me a good sennheiser or turtle beach headsets? dunno which one to get :(

Hey Water can you recommend me a good sennheiser or turtle beach headsets? dunno which one to get :(
Sure thing!

For around $90-100 you can get the Sennheiser HD 555 (use Zalman clip on mic, as I do) or the Turtle Beach Ear Force Z6A (which comes with a mic). Another fantastic choice is the Audio Technica ATH-AD700.

The money you spend on any of these three headphones/sets will be worth it. The Sennheiser and Audio Technica phones are going to provide you the best, most professional sound you can possibly get for a reasonable amount of money. Music will be fantastic for you (and thus so will gaming).

Like I always say, these are audio-lover's products, not fancy marketed plastic crap from Razer or Skull Candy. Haha. Enjoy, my friend.

FuZion

The 47 Ronin
Roccat Kave Real 5.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset Review

The cushioning on the Roccat Kave is the best I have seen so far after the Denon 2000. It is made out of High Quality Hand Sewn Leather and is amazingly comfortable. Even when applying a minimum amount of pressure with the index finger the cushion depresses quite a bit, to say the least it is very comfortable and stays that way even after prolonged periods of having them on.