What's new

server suggestion thread

mclovin

NOTE: as of 8/11 there is a cs go crash bug, but from what i've seen it doesn't last long and you should be able to rejoin without d/cing in 5 or so minutes... hell some people its worked within 2.

-server rotation. as much as i love having 3 maps, the server won't fill unless its on dust 2, so i suggest a compromise of dust 2 and inferno, as i think those are the two favorites until our dedicated population fills up again.

- in my opinion, the awp needs to go, but i understand this is a pretty big controversial subject and might not see any action right away

-it doesn't hurt to keep the server at a 32 slot, if we get it going too 26 max, we go off of a lot of peoples filter results for a max pop server of 32. just a thought. it may cost more money, but i think we can expand/revive the GO community with it.

A Stable Carbocation

Staff member
Changing the server back to D2 is something I'm actively considering. The problem is with the name: if we do "d2 24/7" then we get a bunch of angry players when we switch maps. Something I am thinking of doing to change this is to make it d2 24/7 but not advertising that fact. We have regulars that are willing to help fill, hopefully they will join first and keep others with them- then those players won't leave at map end. I am hoping this isn't deceitful.

I was one of the ones who fought hard for the addition of the awp- it's certainly not going anywhere now. But I understand that it only takes one A-hole with decent aim to empty a fledgling server.

Making it 26 players is something we are testing, no further comment as of now.

mclovin

thanks for the response, sorry i'm just new to accepting a 'division' leader.' it was different back in mah day. i got it now though.

i think making it a dust 2/inferno 24/7 will make it okay. of course there will always be people mad about going 'outside the box,' but if we build the loyal player base we should, it won't matter if we deviate from the norm every once in a while and play other maps ( which i think is best, once the server is filled though.) you know your doing something wrong or right when you switch the map to something else, and everyone either stays, or goes.

mclovin

need moar slots again now that the server is filling nightly, please take auto's off to!

and for christmas all i want is all spec mode 0:)

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
I will let @A Stable Carbocation make that decision, if he wants more slots I can add more...but usually the smaller the server is the smoother things run.
I am sure we can compromise....but lets not forget its easier to get a 20m server going vs a 30-32 slot server.

A Stable Carbocation

Staff member
I wouldn't up the player count yet, but I'll keep it in mind. when it comes to autos: they are staying. It's part of the changes we made to make the server more popular and so far it seems to be working. When I've played I haven't seen any real issues.

We'll keep running like this for a bit and see if it keeps up. If it does, we can talk about what else to do.

mclovin

really need auto team balance off, or fixed, its changing 2 people every round to other round of the teams... and i really miss all spec for recording hax

A Stable Carbocation

Staff member
This is the 15497 time we've talked about autobalance. I'll see if I can mess around with it, but I don't expect much to change. Also, I don't know why we need spec rules changed. I'd have to change the chat rules and I rather like them. But your concerns and requests are noted.

mclovin

"f(x)=a(x-x1)(x-x2)" STEAM_1:0:10089559

probably waller but we can't confirm in spec, our hands our tied we don't get admins in enough

thanks appreciate you looking over this!

yarr

The 47 Ronin
I played in our server just the other day and I love it. If you ever need help filling it shoot me a message.