Scion FR-S (Previously Toyota FT-86). Source: Autoblog/Car And Driver.

Discussion in 'Auto Section' started by phokyu, Aug 8, 2011.

1. phokyu

phokyu The 47 Ronin

I've been keeping up with the updates on this car and I'm very excited to hear about this. I pray and I mean PRAY they decide to put in a turbo motor. Also, considering it'll be the boxer engine platform I'm sure they'll surprise us with maybe the STi motors I hope. I already have half the downpayment (of whats currently listed of under $30k). I'll have a hard time choosing colors though haha most likely black or white.

Pictures through out the thread and at the bottom.

Also, a photochop of what I kinda want mine to look like will be up in a bit

Source: Autoblog New York 2011: Scion FR-S Concept is
    Scion-FR-S-Red-Concept-2.

Source: Car and Driver

Red FR-S
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Black FR-S
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My photochops as of now because its 6am in Texas and I work in a couple hours.
    Original:
    [​IMG]

My shop:
    [​IMG]

2nd view:
    Original:
    [​IMG]

My shop:
    [​IMG]

2. FuZion

FuZion The 47 Ronin

The ride is sick. I've also been keeping up with this. but for the engine? the price tag is NOT worth it. at all.

3. phokyu

phokyu The 47 Ronin

Yeah, I definitely agree with you on that note. Honestly I'm willing to cash this out around $30k if it came with the STi's 2.5 turbo engine.

4. FuZion

FuZion The 47 Ronin

yeah your paying for the looks for sure. and fuck me running.. it looks like a goddamn super car. If I were to go talk to a scion dealer though about this purchase and they open the hood for me to find somethin under 200hp. I'd spit in there face for 30k. sti 2.5t with a good suspension, and depending on what the weight of the car is. I will gladly throw down 30k.

5. phokyu

phokyu The 47 Ronin

No doubt this car will weigh around the 3200-3600lb lol, but for $30k I think this car deservers sti 2.5t motor, Bilstein spring and shocks (maybe asking for too much).

If it's going to be that dinky 200hp n/a motor. This car better damn well be under $20k because I'll just spend the other $10k on the first LSx swap on this car haha =D. Nothing like American muscle motors <3.

6. phokyu

phokyu The 47 Ronin

I also updated my first post with my chops. I need to work on them some more tomorrow after work. I'm so pumped for this car!

7. FuZion

FuZion The 47 Ronin

The design of the car is worth the engine swap. For looks, this car deserves to be pushing 7-800hp. This would look good in a Matte black as well. nice pics

8. phokyu

phokyu The 47 Ronin

Exactly! Maybe this will be the closest car (looks wise) I get to the LF-A lol. This car is a little too sharp and high for me. The pictures will not reflect on how low/high mine will be in person lol I will make sure I make it extra inconvenient for me to drive around lol...

9. FuZion

FuZion The 47 Ronin

Yes, an LF-A is exactly what I was thinking when I first saw it. mm... an lf-a.. dream car...

10. Cup Full of LOL

Cup Full of LOL Contributor

I will stick to my 2,600 pound 240sx with LS1!! I'm 100% sure if out performs this car in every way.....excluding comfort. That is, if you like sitting in racing seats XD

Oh, and riding on Tein coilovers....that use to be on Ross Petty's Formula D S13. In other words for people that don't know what I'm saying, it feels like riding in a go-kart....a really fast one.