Replacement for car radio

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Captain Cap, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Captain Cap

Captain Cap New Member

I am fucking glad I took the subs out of my car. Someone broke into my car and stole every and anything of value, including my radio. Any one have suggestions other than using headphones with an mp3 for a replacement so I can listen to music. I drive for my job. FFFFF boring with no music.

2. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Staff Member Founder

ipod + aux.
    -IcEWoLF

3. aggrorhythm

aggrorhythm Member

get a car radio with a USB port in the front, so you could hook up an Ipod and/or a usb memory stick.

4. Nutbutter

Nutbutter Staff Member Moderator

Go to you neighbors house and steal his car stereo and put it in your car.

5. xhadozero

xhadozero New Member

This. If your car has a tape player, buy one of those tapes with a 1/4 inch jack on it and plug an ipod in. It's infinitely superior to listening to the radio.

6. Fasttrak

Fasttrak Staff Member Moderator

I am in my car for 30,000 miles a year, music is mandatory for sanities sake. It is a couple years old now, got it when I bought my WRX, but the Alpine series that integrate an Ipod cleanly are some of the best. I use the older model now, the IVA W205 head unit and it has been rock solid. I like that it has decent Ipod interface for music and I rarely look at the Ipod except to change out the music list. Don't really care for the crappy headphone jack style plugins, they work but not the best quality are means to use an Ipod.

Fasttrak

7. savage bo

savage bo Member

Ghetto boombox with power AUX. Buy AC/DC Inverter. BAM GHETTOBOOM BOX ON TEH GO!! But a realistic approach is to just buy a cheap ass check from Bestbuys and have them install it. Find one with an AUX input. If not, get a FM transmitter for your music from an iPod or smart phone.

8. Captain Cap

Captain Cap New Member

Alright, since this is PROBABLY going to happen again, I'm just gonna get a cheap radio and have my friend install it and take the face plate off all the time.

I live in a super super super asian neighborhood and there's pretty much no crime except for this one douchebag going around. I plan to do my woodworking outside at 2am, catch his ass, and stab him (yes, stab him, idgaf, I'll just say I was in my car and he tried break into it and I panicked, in fear of being carjacked and/or losing my life).

9. Blood Fiend

Blood Fiend Active Member

that sucks man. I would suggest saving up for the Deck u want, dont waste money on crap.

10. Blood Fiend

Blood Fiend Active Member

p.s. and an alarm.