Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Discussion in 'YouTube' started by Dick Cheney, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Jakeypoo

Jakeypoo New Member

[video=youtube_share;4jNyr6BJZuI]http://youtu.be/4jNyr6BJZuI[/video]

2. Cup Full of LOL

Cup Full of LOL Contributor

LOL!! Jaykepoo!! That's the same song (instrumental), they use at the beginning of the Chappelle's Show (after the intro song).

3. Cup Full of LOL

I was looking for this song for the longest....funny thing is, I'm familiar with Common's music, but just never knew who the artist of this song was. Feel sorta stupid now. Good post. (now downloading):D

4. Jakeypoo

Jakeypoo New Member

Haha yeah, they also preformed that song in the movie Dave Chappelle's Block Party.

5. Cup Full of LOL

Sort of a reply to Ice's post....sorry people, but I love instrumentals!!

6. Havoc.Sp

Havoc.Sp Staff Member Moderator

Game's new album and Jay z + kanye album are on the net if you know where to look. Really not expecting them to live up to the hype.

I'm waiting for 9.10.11 New PUTS album drops :D

7. Cup Full of LOL

Haven't been much into it after 2003....:( It just seems hip hop is headed toward the wrong direction...in fact, it barley exist now-a-days. The only people that are keeping it going are the people you mentioned + dre, snoop, and eminem.

8. Havoc.Sp

I agree completely, all the mindless beats and rhymes the mainstream people put out is just so fucking bad. There are only a few big names left that seem to care.

The People Under the stairs have been making awesome albums for over a decade, and not many people know they exist, which is a shame, their music is so fucking dope. I highly recommend you go and pick up their album 'O.S.T.' Every song is the shit. Here is one off their most recent album. and the new one that is coming out in september should be another dope one to add to the collection.

And one off OST!

btw,
    I haven't been able to find it on youtube but off OST, the song 'The Breakdown' has to be the best hip-hop track of all time.

9. Dick Cheney

Dick Cheney New Member

What game album would you be talking about. He has dropped 2 mixtapes this year(Purp & Patron, Hoodmorning (No Typo): Candy Coronas) and an his NEW album "The R.E.D Album" drops August 23rd

His two mixtapes are hard maybe not the old Game but music changes as the person changes. They can't rap about crack all their career LOL.

The R.E.D Album is suppose to be his hardest.

Dr. Dre has been stalling on his album though. Detox has been supposed to dropped for a long time now.

Here is a single of Games R.E.D Album. I don't really Lil Wayne but this shits goes hard.

10. Havoc.Sp

the R.E.D. album has leaked on the interwebs. I have it, kinda 'meh'. His lyrics are ok/good but the beats and the overall sound is just way to mainstream/poppy for my taste. I thought the same thing about LAX but it grew on me, we'll see about this one.