President Trump

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by el jorge loco, Nov 9, 2016.

1. el jorge loco

el jorge loco Staff Member Moderator

Well, it happened. Donald Trump is our new President.

Not the guy I would have preferred, but it's gonna happen, so time to see how it goes.

On that note, I am looking forward to seeing who he picks for his Cabinet, that may very well determine what kind of policy comes out of the White House for the next 4 years. I think Trump is a savvy guy and will end up surrounding himself with smart people (who I may or may not disagree with).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  2. el jorge loco

You don't have to like what he stands for to respect his abilities (however you'd like to categorize it as).

One man's thief is another man's Robin Hood.

3. Hunter

Hunter The 47 Ronin

No worries here, my everyday life will still remained the same :)
    Both of them are crooks and liars anyway.
    I was hoping you were the one, I would vote for you in a heart beat.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. A Stable Carbocation

A Stable Carbocation Staff Member Moderator

I'll be honest, I enjoy watching watching a lot of the more obnoxious people in the media light their hair on fire. So it's given me at least a few days of entertainment.

Because predicting exactly what he's going to do is almost impossible.

5. Fasttrak

Fasttrak Staff Member Moderator

Between the two candidates there were two less than shining examples of humanity.

Of the two candidates one had his flaws out there for everyone to see the other spent every penny trying to deny and deflect her many flaws. The voters decided on the devil they could see for the one they couldn't quite define.

I am going to enjoy how Trump shakes the establishment of politics up, already been a fun 24 hours.

Oh, has Miley Cyrus moved to Canada yet? I am sure there are a few elk that would enjoy her twerking for their pleasure.

This gives me hope for actual change in this country from the movement towards mass socialization and extreme liberalism running amok.

Quoted:

“The Second Amendment to our Constitution is clear. The right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed upon. Period,” the position paper began.

Trump went on to explain that the right to keep and bear arms is a right that pre-exists both the government and the Constitution, noting that government didn’t create the right, nor can it take it away.

He also rightly denoted the Second Amendment as “America’s first freedom,” pointing out that it helps protect all of the other rights we hold dear.

In order to protect and defend that right, Trump proposed tougher enforcement of laws that are already on the books, rather than adding new gun control laws.

Citing a successful program in Richmond, Virginia, that sentenced gun criminals to mandatory minimum five-year sentences in federal prison, Trump noted that crime rates will fall dramatically when criminals are taken off the streets for lengthy periods of time.

Trump also proposed strengthening and expanding laws allowing law-abiding gun owners to defend themselves from criminals using their own guns, without fear of repercussion from the government.

Noting that many of the recent high-profile shooters had clear mental problems that should have been addressed, Trump proposed fixing our nation’s broken mental health system by increasing treatment opportunities for the non-violent mentally ill, but removing from the streets those people who pose a danger to themselves and others.

Trump would do away with pointless and ineffective gun and magazine bans and suggested fixing the current background check system already in place, rather than expanding a broken system.

Furthermore, Trump proposed a national right to carry, a national concealed carry reciprocity law that would compel states to recognize the concealed carry permits of any other state, exactly as drivers licenses from anywhere are accepted by all states today.

Finally, Trump would lift the prohibition on military members carrying weapons on military bases and in recruiting centers, allowing trained military members to carry weapons to protect themselves from attacks by terrorists, criminals and the mentally unstable, as we have seen recently.

This is great, and those who cherish our right to keep and bear arms should be pleased by Trump’s stated position on the Second Amendment.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. A Stable Carbocation

A Stable Carbocation Staff Member Moderator

By the way, I received the greatest email I've ever gotten today.

UCD chancellor email Trump.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  7. el jorge loco

@A Stable Carbocation : Oh man, I could use some counseling services for Donald Trump hahahahahahaha

8. el jorge loco

@Fasttrak : I agree with the policy changes. I disagree about the accuracy of the history there.

Technically, America's first freedoms are - Right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Property. The three basic tenets of American freedoms in the preamble of our Constitution. All specific rights are subsequent to that. Alternatively, the right to petition and redress your grievances against your government of the 1st Amendment would be our first assuming the preamble is too general to be counted.

9. kaM

kaM The 47 Ronin

Something like 2.5 million Americans want to move to Canada.

Trump has already opened up 2.5 million jobs to the American Citizens. Amazing.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. el jorge loco

I'm gonna wager than of those 2.5M, at least a quarter of them are jobless students.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List