Power Outages South West

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by -L-, Sep 8, 2011.

1. -L-

-L- The 47 Ronin

Where were you guys during the black out?

I was at @ work

2. el jorge loco

el jorge loco Staff Member Moderator

The same argument can be said about Arizona getting its own water instead of having the entire Colorado diverted to meet the state's water needs. However, this argument would also apply to Southern California as well since the region does not have natural water sources other than Bear Mt., and even that supply is limited.

Without the Gadsden purchase, Arizona, as a state, would be even less populous than it currently is now (no Tucson or Yuma).

3. Haze

Haze Contributor

Arizona 1. California 0. Come at me bro. That's what you guys get for having dickhead cops!

4. el jorge loco

Because AZ cops are any better to Mexicans and non-whites.

But yeah, LAPD and border sheriffs are the worst in California. They're the biggest punks ever.

5. yarr

yarr The 47 Ronin

fuck electricity!

6. Sain†

Sain† New Member

Water and electricity are not comparable resources, as one is man made and the other is a natural resource. California has the ability to generate its own power it just chooses not too. Arizona on the other hand does not have the ability to generate its own water. Not trying to argue just saying its like apples and oranges.

7. mbenson

mbenson Member

from reading about the power outage this does highlight how vulnerable our country/society is on our energy needs. if the power stayed off for more a couple days, it would be a major man-made disaster. which begs the question, how many of us are ready to cope with this type of manmade (or natural) disaster? if your not, i highly recommend you start preparing now versus when everyone is rushing to WalMart/Costco/etc grabbing up every item available.

personally i have an emergency kit in the car and stuff at home to last me thru an emergency. 8)

8. Sain†

Sain† New Member

Benson brings up a good point....

ITS GOOGLES FAULT... http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/09/technology/google-details-electricity-output-of-its-data-centers.html?_r=1

9. mbenson

mbenson Member

Saint, thanks for a great reference article. im going to post it up on my google+ and mention to my Google colleagues.

10. el jorge loco

Was that the article referring to Google's recent release of electricity consumption data? I thoroughly enjoyed the read since it pretty much equated a day's worth of searches to how much energy is devoured as a result.

That being said, I don't know about you Benson, but I'm not stocking up on any extraneous supplies other than some canned food plus a healthy store of guns, ammunition and weapons. Because when the nuclear fallout comes, an irradiated can of corn won't save you from radiation-based zombies.