What's new

Post your Speedtest.net results!

Ghonzo

The 47 Ronin
So this is what $60 100mbps from Time Warner in Pomona speed with 6 guys using the Wifi. Test was done during no one was home.
Would go with FiOS but Verzion decided to stop adding their FiOS service 6 blocks away from us...

Back to back test.

Col. Gaspar

The 47 Ronin
So this is what $60 100mbps from Time Warner in Pomona speed with 6 guys using the Wifi. Test was done during no one was home.
Would go with FiOS but Verzion decided to stop adding their FiOS service 6 blocks away from us...

Back to back test.

That really sucks... I pay about that for my 30Mbit connection and I get anywhere from 30-36Mbits....Time to complain and get discounts!

Sent from my Nexus 6

Ghonzo

The 47 Ronin
That really sucks... I pay about that for my 30Mbit connection and I get anywhere from 30-36Mbits....Time to complain and get discounts!

Sent from my Nexus 6
Yea this is getting ridiculous... Got the account # from my roommate so I will be calling later today :D

A-Rich

The 47 Ronin

Back to back test.

Just curious if you've ever seen it hit higher than those speeds. The reason I ask is when we upgraded to 50mb at work, I found out my router at the time couldn't handle anything faster than about 22mb and didn't get the full 50mb until replacing the router with another brand/model. If it's ever tested higher, we can at least take that possibility out of the equation. If you're testing through wifi, that of course could also be a limiting factor. Just making sure before you yell at them to fix their crap and find out it might not be them.

v.Kamikaze

The 47 Ronin
Contributor
@Ghonzo, do you have a separate router from the cable modem? if so, run a test with just the cable modem. if not, you probably need a new modem/router, as A-Rich was suggesting.

Ghonzo

The 47 Ronin
Just curious if you've ever seen it hit higher than those speeds. The reason I ask is when we upgraded to 50mb at work, I found out my router at the time couldn't handle anything faster than about 22mb and didn't get the full 50mb until replacing the router with another brand/model. If it's ever tested higher, we can at least take that possibility out of the equation. If you're testing through wifi, that of course could also be a limiting factor. Just making sure before you yell at them to fix their crap and find out it might not be them.
The highest I ever gotten was around 30 down 15up. I'm using a Moto Surfboard from TWC and have my own router which is the Linksys E2000. I was thinking maybe it was either my modem or router but the modem I received from TWC said it was the right one that can get the speed we are paying for.

What kind of routers do you guys use? I have 5 other roommates with about 15 or so devices connected to our WiFi but we never are on simultaneously.

A-Rich

The 47 Ronin
The highest I ever gotten was around 30 down 15up. I'm using a Moto Surfboard from TWC and have my own router which is the Linksys E2000. I was thinking maybe it was either my modem or router but the modem I received from TWC said it was the right one that can get the speed we are paying for.

What kind of routers do you guys use? I have 5 other roommates with about 15 or so devices connected to our WiFi but we never are on simultaneously.
If you're ever home alone or there's a time when people aren't online (which is never), you might want to plug a computer directly into the modem and do a speed test.
I got a Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 for Xmas and have been very happy with it so far. My phone's wifi connection claims to be 433Mbps, which is a new high for me (lucky to every see 100+). I think the range has improved and my Chromecast, Google TV & Amazon Fire Stick streaming has improved.
I know in my own testing it can handle at least 60mb downloads. I wouldn't want to pay $150-200 for a router though.
Screenshot_2015-02-15-16-27-32.png Screenshot_2015-02-15-16-39-52.png

At work, I went uber cheap and bought a TP-Link TL-WR841N for $19.99. 4.4 out of 5 stars w/ over 3900 reviews, I had to give it a shot.
I can try a speed test on it later to see what it can handle.

v.Kamikaze

The 47 Ronin
Contributor
I got the SB6183 modem for Christmas. I actually need to re-flash my router, DIR-655. With the router, I'm only getting around 30Mb down; without the router, I'm getting the 100Mb that I should be getting. I just havent had time to fix it yet... maybe it's time for a new router... mine is rather old, lol.

Last edited:

Ghonzo

The 47 Ronin
If you're ever home alone or there's a time when people aren't online (which is never), you might want to plug a computer directly into the modem and do a speed test.
I got a Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 for Xmas and have been very happy with it so far. My phone's wifi connection claims to be 433Mbps, which is a new high for me (lucky to every see 100+). I think the range has improved and my Chromecast, Google TV & Amazon Fire Stick streaming has improved.
I know in my own testing it can handle at least 60mb downloads. I wouldn't want to pay $150-200 for a router though.
View attachment 12202 View attachment 12203

At work, I went uber cheap and bought a TP-Link TL-WR841N for $19.99. 4.4 out of 5 stars w/ over 3900 reviews, I had to give it a shot.
I can try a speed test on it later to see what it can handle.
Wow that nighthawk was the one I been looking at before. I paid my E2000 around $120 back then I dont know maybe its time to change router but I'll go ahead and try testing my speed to the modem.