Post your Speedtest.net results!

U-Verse advertises Fiber optics....yet they are nowhere close to where true Verizon FIOS is at....
They need to step up their game...cable & FIOS are leaving them in the dust...hell even their LTE connection outperforms them...I am getting 43mbps down and 17mbps up....jesus.
thats just fuckin awesome speeds. When I had comcast in Fresno I was pullin an easy 32 - 38mbps consistently even during peak hours.

I looked at the Verizon FIOS and not available in my area yet. with Uverse I can't even get the max they offer cause not supported in this neighborhood. Depressing. BUT I only pay $27 a month for my intrawebz

v.Kamikaze

47R|Source Division
The 47 Ronin
U-Verse advertises Fiber optics....yet they are nowhere close to where true Verizon FIOS is at....
They need to step up their game...cable & FIOS are leaving them in the dust...hell even their LTE connection outperforms them...I am getting 43mbps down and 17mbps up....jesus.
AT&T thinks fiber to the node is "good enough" ... but in reality, more and more people are using up more and more bandwidth. AT&T is just holding back progression.

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
The problem with U-Verse is that true fiber is only ran to the Box down the street and not directly to your home box....that's where a lot of bandwidth is lost.
I hope FiOS someday comes to my area....but I'd have a better chance winning the lottery because of the monopoly rule that the board has put....So FiOS and Cable cannot compete in the same area.