Post your Speedtest.net results!

Discussion in 'Technology Talk' started by IcEWoLF, Jul 22, 2011.

1. civil servant

civil servant The 47 Ronin Contributor

[MENTION=52]Hunter[/MENTION], how much is Comcast charging you? Are you bundled? No, not trying to sell you anything, just wanting to compare. Comcast crapped on me when I reduced services in a very big way.
    [MENTION=722]anbupriya[/MENTION] Use extreme discretion when making complaints to an ISP, especially if that ISP holds a monopoly in major communications/broadcast. Your customer service/sales and your customer service/technical assistance are no longer separate and distinct depts. or processes. These guys and gals are all given a certain amount of leeway in what they can offer you if they feel that a small incentive may result in a service upgrade. I've always worked this to my advantage. The problem is that those same folks have a little bit of leeway in reducing your current quality or level of service if they feel that this will result in motivating you towards an upgrade. However such systems are highly subjective and prone to abuse. It is not necessarily the same everywhere and the info i offer leans more towards opinion based on user experience and perhaps some heresay as opposed to first hand knowledge from personally working in the business.

2. civil servant

civil servant The 47 Ronin Contributor

Right on, my highly deserving friend. It's nice to see your smile through your post. $30/mo unlimited? Sprint? WiFi Hotspot? As soon as i see a viable replacement for the shit comcast has started feeding me i'll dump them completely. Everything worked exceedingly well until I cancelled TV service and then my Internet connection went to shit. It may be something in my system, as I am no expert, but I've looked for settings and bottlenecks and i keep coming up with a bottleneck at their proprietary Gateway. And now that verizon has determined that our contract was not working well enough for them and capped my texts and content download I won't miss them either. I may miss their coverage but maybe that's not so much an issue with 4g.?.

3. Fasttrak

Fasttrak Staff Member Moderator

It is under the Verizon 4G network. Only trouble is you would have to be under an older contract for cellular data prior to their caps placed earlier this year. Only requirements are to have an unlimited data plan on the phone, a 4G capable phone and yes, it is $30.00 a month. I did try Sprint through a secondary carrier last week but their network is pathetic down here and it was worse than my ISDN connection. Pretty odd about Comcast, I have heard mostly good about them. I would do what one of my best friends does, he is a friggin pitbull with customer service. He will get the name, extension, of one of their customer service agents and call on a daily basis, he seems to always get results as he drives people nuts. Doing some tracerts to see where the bottle neck is, if it is their switch I would be all over them myself, get them to fix the problem.

Fasttrak

4. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Staff Member Founder

[MENTION=144]Fasttrak[/MENTION], wtf? That's faster than my U-Verse Internet...wtf?

[​IMG]

5. Shaun fbody

Shaun fbody The 47 Ronin

Damn... Im paying for 18mb and can only get 15 -- i miss my comcast when I had it in Fresno. on the same test server i'd be getting 38+

[​IMG]

A little faster on a closer test server..

[​IMG]

6. Fasttrak

I know, my grin is from ear-to-ear :-P

I have been a downloading junkie, spent two hours just watching YouTube videos. This is the first time I can recall all my games in Steam are up to date, usually half were in need of an update and unavailable. Kind of funny, went from bottom of the barrel at 144 KBS to over 30 meg dl.

Fasttrak

7. DerrtyDenny

DerrtyDenny New Member

8. Fasttrak

After the test is done, at the bottom of that window is a "share" button, click that and copy the text, paste that into your post. It will give you that clean little window everyone else was posting.

Fasttrak

9. Uncle P.

Uncle P. The 47 Ronin

10. Shaun fbody

Shaun fbody The 47 Ronin

I want COmcast back . fuck lol