Post your Speedtest.net results!

Discussion in 'Technology Talk' started by IcEWoLF, Jul 22, 2011.

1. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Staff Member Founder

New report:

[​IMG]

2. anbupriya

anbupriya New Member

speed results

I checked my internet speed at Scanmyspeed.com .I got accurate results
    My speed test results are
    Download speed:2.23Mbps
    Upload speed:0.749Mbps

3. Wombo

Wombo New Member

[​IMG]

Here are my results as tested from my laptop. As you can see.... higher upload than download... my pc was only giving me 8 down... I pay for 100mb/s down and 5mb/s up.... I can get the 5mb/s upload no problem on my wired connection. I have never received my promised download speed tho :/

4. Hunter

Hunter The 47 Ronin

You should call your IPS up and give them a spanking, you should get your money back!!!

Here's mine

[​IMG]

5. Wombo

Wombo New Member

I do! My bill is normally $105 for internet and I have bitched it down to $75, some months it was only $24. Unfortunately a lot of people have called in from my area so they have issued a saturation warning so I can't haggle anymore... Even thought I express to them legitiamte problems (in technical detail) my receiving 8mp/s instead of 100mb/s just isn't a problem I guess... One lady even told me to delete my cookies... I gave her an earful.

6. uberjames

uberjames The 47 Ronin

7. Hunter

Hunter The 47 Ronin

delete cookies????? and she works for support dept.? lol

8. Wombo

Wombo New Member

Ya it was awful... They also tried to blame my router for the problem. I'm using a router that has a 4gigabit switch on it... each line as a delay of 3600us or 3.6ms. Explaining exactly what this means to them did nothing as well... Tech support is one of those useless things unless you can get escalated and are able to talk with a senior tech.

9. Fasttrak

Fasttrak Staff Member Moderator

Definitely not the best results here but I am damned happy this 4G connection is so cheap and kicking so much ass for me!! My gaming ping is now in low 40's, massive lagouts seem to be gone for me and the game is just smoother. I can now watch Youtube!! I was able to get every game updated in Steam and that was a ton of them. I did download TF2 from scratch and was blown away how quickly a multi-gig game loaded. From bottom of the barrel to a pretty respectable bandwidth and still pretty low latency. Can you tell? I am HAPPY!!

Speedtest Results.

Fasttrak

EDIT: Almost forgot the best part, this 4G unlimited internet is only costing me $30.00 bucks a month, saves me $50.00 over the cost of the old ISDN line :-P

10. civil servant

civil servant The 47 Ronin Contributor

[MENTION=52]Hunter[/MENTION], how much is Comcast charging you? Are you bundled? No, not trying to sell you anything, just wanting to compare. Comcast crapped on me when I reduced services in a very big way.
    [MENTION=722]anbupriya[/MENTION] Use extreme discretion when making complaints to an ISP, especially if that ISP holds a monopoly in major communications/broadcast. Your customer service/sales and your customer service/technical assistance are no longer separate and distinct depts. or processes. These guys and gals are all given a certain amount of leeway in what they can offer you if they feel that a small incentive may result in a service upgrade. I've always worked this to my advantage. The problem is that those same folks have a little bit of leeway in reducing your current quality or level of service if they feel that this will result in motivating you towards an upgrade. However such systems are highly subjective and prone to abuse. It is not necessarily the same everywhere and the info i offer leans more towards opinion based on user experience and perhaps some heresay as opposed to first hand knowledge from personally working in the business.