Post your gaming rigs pictures!

Discussion in 'Technology Talk' started by IcEWoLF, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Col. Gaspar

Col. Gaspar The 47 Ronin

From what I have read I need to check the fittings once a week for a month and then monthly after that. Something to do with the tubing shrinking after it has been used or something.

Right now I can't play games with sli enabled because I get some weird corruption and the display driver crashes. I will have to troubleshoot tomorrow when I get out of bed.

Sent from my Nexus 5

2. Col. Gaspar

Col. Gaspar The 47 Ronin

My parts alone for water cooling cost over $1,200.

Total cost of all the components of my system is about $4,600 from start to finish. This is my hobby, I don't watch sports or tv or really do anything other than train at the gym and be a dad... I really don't have any friends to hang with or places to go so my time is work, sleep, kids, gym, kids, pc, work... Goes like that 5 days a week.

Some men have trucks or cars, some have bikes, some have football fetishes... I build computers

Sent from my Nexus 5

3. Hunter

Hunter The 47 Ronin

If you didnt bend the tubing right (too much stress when curling) then tube shrinking will happen when the water temp increased inside the loop.
    After a month, the water level should level out. just check the water level. If it drop too much then there is a small leak. if not then there is no leaks.

4. fAt Kaka

fAt Kaka The 47 Ronin

sounds like a lot of work just to have liquid cooling...

5. Col. Gaspar

Col. Gaspar The 47 Ronin

It is totally worth the headache... After an hour of heaven looping gpu temps settled at 32*C and the whole thing is silent. Turns out that I have a bad sli bridge... At least that is what I am guessing

Sent from my Nexus 5

6. Hunter

Hunter The 47 Ronin

Not really, if everything are working right, i didnt have to touch the loop for a year

7. Col. Gaspar

Col. Gaspar The 47 Ronin

After an hour of prime95 my hottest core on the cpu was 53*C... I am seriously impressed with the naked ivy mount... Btw the fans were at 40 percent duty cycle

Sent from my Nexus 5

8. Hunter

Hunter The 47 Ronin

Good thing about the GT is they dont squeak at low speed

9. tuc0

tuc0 Well-Known Member

Hmmmm... That's discouraging (for me). I will have to weigh it out. If I can max O/C the CPU & GPU's w/o WC then I'll stick to AC. I can live with fan noise. No doubt WC is cool though. Enjoy your PC.

Same here. I don't watch sports, but I do watch movies at home. I also don't have many friends I hang out with. I do have cars and bikes that don't cost much.

10. Col. Gaspar

Col. Gaspar The 47 Ronin

My cpu is already at max oc on the h100i and the 780Ti's were already at their max oc with the acx cooler. I might be able to get another 100mhz out of my 780Ti's with by using a hacked bios and giving them more voltage then would be safe on air... You could certainly reach max oc on air... Water will give you more stability and better temps and if you go heavy on the voltage you might get better oc...

Sent from my Nexus 5