What's new

Populate the Damn Server

Joshua Lein

Ok guys, I'm not happy. I expect the server to be populated by 7 o'clock at night CST every night. I hope it is populated even sooner but 7 pm is about the latest. Why 7 exactly? Because populating after 7 is easy and I expect you guys in the CSGO division to populate. Silly me. I'm tired of getting on at 9 or 10 o'clock at night and seeing it's empty AND THEN seeing 4 different 47R members playing matchmaking. WTF guys? At that point it takes about 10 minutes to get 10 people into the server then you can leave.

Part of being in the 47R clan is having a responsibility to populate every now and then. Ideally we would have someone populate everyday around 6 but populating early is possible, it has been done before 2. I understand that populating is very boring but after 7 it takes almost no time at all so stop Matchmaking or even stop playing other games and get on the server for 10 minutes. Its not hard and it is our server, take some pride in it and some shame that we arent even in the top 300 servers when we have been up to 35. We are lower ranked than the CSS server.

If I see 47R members gaming after 8 PM and the server is empty Im going to harass you and be angry at you. If you have a job and you cant populate that is one thing but if I see you on CSGO with an empty server be sure im angry about it.

Its not hard and it is something all members should be doing.

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
Everyone, no matter if you are L4D2 or CS:S, everyone in the squad needs to help populate the servers, it only takes few minutes of your time to get it going.
[USERGROUP=10]@The 47 Ronin[/USERGROUP] [USERGROUP=4]@Moderating[/USERGROUP]

Col. Gaspar

The 47 Ronin
I spent some time idling the CS:GO server at about 9pm EST.... No one on my friends list was on to invite and I was there just running around for about 10 minutes... Nothing happened and I wanted to play so I went into MM... I have gotten the GO server started more times than I can count to include all the times I wasn't in the clan... Not much I could do being EST and going to work at 11p

Joshua Lein

I got on at the exact same time of day today and I had 12 people in the server after 10 minutes so...

And honestly this post is for the team as a whole and not any one individual person.

Honestly Gas at least you tried and you do populate. Im sure everyone is going to say "I have populated before" and Thats not really important because for most of us, including me, most days I am not populating. If im on CSGO though I do populate. I have spent hours in server alone. I usually get on and read a book or surf the web till someone shows up and if after 30 minutes no one has joined I leave.

Joshua Lein

just to clarify though I have not populated a whole lot recently. I'm not saying I get mad if you dont populate everyday but if its 10 pm and the server is empty AND i see you playing matchmaking AND i see you doing it consistently I will get upset about no matter how virtuous you really are. Its almost an involuntary action.

A Stable Carbocation

Staff member
I populate a couple times a week, but not every day. Most of the time if I am in MM while the server is empty, it's due to invites... and honestly that's a lot more enjoyable than the server at the moment. I admit to not being keen on missing out on a hour of MM with friends for 10 minutes of server fill time. Populating the server is a crapshoot, I've waited 20 minutes and had NO ONE join me, and I've had it self-sustainable within 5 minutes.

But on most days I'm not even on in time to populate. I've noticed that occasionally the server gets going then dies, maybe that's what you are seeing. I obviously can't populate in the middle of a MM game, and if it has 10 people in it, I'm not going to join it.

Point being, the server often times gets up and then keels over. This has espeically been true the past two weeks. I personally think it's due to finals. Once they are over we will see the normal server activity. Do you remember last summer? Almost the whole summer (June-August) almost NO members even touched the server, yet it was full every night.

And 7 central time is asking for a lot on a PST server. People are just getting off of work (like me) or still studying for finals (warfreakz).

I think this current "dry spell" has a more reasonable explanation than lack of member participation, though that has certainly gone down as well.

Col. Gaspar

The 47 Ronin
I have noticed that the past two weeks the server has been empty when I get on... It has been weird seeing it dead at 9p est

d00b

The 47 Ronin
Css has been populated pretty early. Almost daily when I get home at 2-3 cali time, there are 10+ people on already.

Sent from my LG G2