Politics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hamas Fatah, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Snowman

Snowman The 47 Ronin

I try to keep politics local.. if you know what I mean.. but in all honesty.. we must be able to say what we stand for. I for one am a Proud American. I am Independent. I trust Neither of the established parties. I am not an extremist.. I look for the lesser of two evils it seems anymore. Everyone should be on equal footing regardless of who they are. Personally, I want Obama out. TO ME he's done a shitty job IMHO.. I don't like the republican field for the most part either. If i had my choice of em the *(the repubs) I'd pick Gary Johnson. but that's just my opinion.. I don't' like Anyone being here illegally.. regardless of who or why.. don't matter. My forefathers came here legally, why can't they? and if your not American or want to be American,, then go back to the fuckin' country you came from..

No Allegiance to a foreign nation.. no La Raza. No "always one China BS." NO DURKA DURKA JIHAD BOOM.. FUCK THAT..... We all came here TO BE AMERICAN.. it is this that makes us the GREATEST NATION ON EARTH, MAKES US AMERICA!!!. Regardless of Sex, Creed, Color, ANYTHING. I DON'T CARE.. I ONLY CARE ABOUT AMERICA AND HOW TO MAKE HER #1 PERIOD..

2. el jorge loco

el jorge loco Staff Member Moderator

I think Obama has done as well as a Democrat could have done with the cards that were dealt to him. "It's the Economy, stupid."

The answer is definitely not simply austerity measures, and giving tax cuts left and right fixes nothing. We need to start looking at every item of our spending, especially all parts of the discretionary spending. It's great to have nice things, until you can't afford them no more. If you ask me, Ron Paul is the most realistic guy in the field, but because he tends to stand on an extreme, the mainstream Republican party will never choose him even though he may make the most sense for the times.

Snow, not to be a total jerk, but I didn't come to the U.S. by choice, my parents did (my mom has a strong displeasure for the Communist Revolution in China, especially Mao. She HATES Mao.). That being said, I am proud to be an American first (but not in that weird rock, Team America "America Fuck Yeah" way). I've been to China, I love the land, not the policies, but perhaps it is because I am 1st generation that I have a different perspective. One hand to history, one hand to present.

3. Blood Fiend

Blood Fiend Active Member

Politics is the second biggest sham after religion. People with money control the countrys, not the people that we see on the tv, or read in the paper. The presidents, and vice-presidents, and all the people under them, and the mayors, and counsillers, and all the rest. Its just a sham to give people hope, to make them beleive that they have a say in what goes on around them, and in there life.

"It's called the american dream, becuase you have to be asleep to beleive it"

4. Hamas Fatah

Hamas Fatah Member

I like Ron Paul, I think he has good ideas. Sadly he is very extreme and his idea's will never be implemented. Ron Paul needs to wake up and realize it's the 21st century and stop giving up this we need to go back to 1900's crap. Also as we watched with Obama, you can't change much when congress doesn't back you.

5. el jorge loco

Hamas is essentially right. When Obama got voted into office, he got in Obama-care, which was his triumph. Even Bill Clinton couldn't do it after all (since he had to justify the intervention in the Balkans).

But asking about following politics is such a generalization that is difficult question. Political scientists, politicians, and pundits will tell you that politics is the most important thing in the world and that without it the world would stop turning in the way it does. Whether it does has yet to be seen. It is important, but probably no more important than valuing the lives of other human beings, the arts, your car, etc.

6. Captain Cap

Captain Cap New Member

I like to be ignorant until the week before I need to vote.
    This has made my life a lot less stressful. Even if something happens on Wall Street or in Congress, since I'm not going to be a factor in their decision, meh.

7. built[4]sin

built[4]sin Staff Member Moderator

being as how i believe gays are people, too (GASP!), you can probably figure out which way i lean... /shrug

i had a huge rant typed out and decided to delete it. just know i'm jaded and cynical to the bone. i despise the 24-hour hate-cycle and don't trust our politicians to do anything other than collect lobbyist money, tan, practice smiling in the mirror and feeding the public whatever bullshit sales pitch pollsters think you want to hear today to get (re)elected!

i ask you, how in the world can the majority of Americans trust a product of a system which, by design and practice, ensures the result be a rich talking head (or at least in the pocket of wealthy special interests) and an accomplished fake to get anywhere?

8. el jorge loco

Built, you'll love this headline: "Michelle Bachmann jokes that Hurricane Irene can be taken as God telling politicians to cut taxes and reduce spending."

Somehow I don't actually think the woman was actually joking, but having spoken to her Public Relations Consultant (who probably has a contract commensurate to all the verbal gaffes that Bachmann makes) probably spun it to be "oh this is a joke."

Good lord if that psychotic woman actually becomes President.

9. built[4]sin

built[4]sin Staff Member Moderator

jesus fucking christ. she spouts seriously some CRAZY ass shit, man. do you think she actually believes that crap? i KNOW there's a bunch of people nodding their head when they see that blurb... isn't that a frightening thought? you know, at least we could write off palin's gaffes because she's a certified moron... this bachmann-lady is just pure nucking futs. it makes me wonder, are these puritanical repubs so hard up for some T&A like they were/are for palin, that they're fapping so hard when they see her they're deaf to what she's actually saying?

[​IMG]

10. el jorge loco

Well if you think about it this way Built, Bachmann is smart.

She did graduate law school and passed the bar in MN back in 1986. Though her law school also promoted the spread of Christian Fundamentalism in every possible way in every facet of government and society by any means necessary.....

But this woman, ostensibly, was smart enough to pass the bar. I think Bachmann is just bat-shit crazy.