Politics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hamas Fatah, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Hamas Fatah

Hamas Fatah Member

I know this is a touchy subject for some, but anyone here into or follow politics at all?

2. WATER3

WATER3 Member

Yes, all day every day. I follow news continuously.

3. Fasttrak

Fasttrak Staff Member Moderator

Ditto

But, like religion, this is one topic typicaly avoided for civil conversation for good reason. Also, the old adage "Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one!" and rarely are they backed with much logic or fact. THese days, the op ed pieces in most rags, especially this new age pseudo web based "reporting", has much basis in fact.

Fasttrak

4. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Staff Member Founder

I do follow it, I just didn't make a section for it on the forums because not everyone will share the same beliefs...

5. suicide george

suicide george Member

I follow it but hate it because real politics went out the window the minute we started letting big industries and companies pay our elected for special crap. You know how much better and easier the whole nation would be without special interest groups? Why has this not been banned in the government? They say to keep religion and government separate because it can lead to one sided ideas yet we allow oil companies and pharmacy companies pay our officials for special interests? Does this make sense to anyone else? I'll vote for a person who has no special interest groups involved. Other than that I hate voting. it's always between a douche and a shit sandwich.

6. Hamas Fatah

Hamas Fatah Member

Yeah the whole thing is a big effing mess, the system just doesn't work correctly anymore when 24/7 hour news cycles report biased news stories. Tea Partiers are a joke, democrats cant get their shit together, and Sarah Palin would probably beat out Mitt Romney in the GOP.... Canada is starting to look good.

7. el jorge loco

el jorge loco Staff Member Moderator

Have you guys read the Wall Street Journal Editorial pages these days? Ever since NewCorp bought it up, it's been one article after another saying how shitty Obama has run everything!

8. mbenson

mbenson Member

yea i like a good political debate as much as the next person but shit everything about politics is, well, shit.

9. el jorge loco

el jorge loco Staff Member Moderator

This was my undergrad major. Granted, I was more focused on international affairs than domestic, but the problem has turned into that of polarization. You're either with us, with them, or you can burn in hell.

10. Hamas Fatah

Hamas Fatah Member

sad but true.