PC supasses Console

el jorge loco

Staff member
There are many reasons for these predictions.

(1) Consoles, as it has been shown, run on highly sophisticated networks that are intertwined to provide top quality online gaming experiences for players. However, due to Sony's recent vulnerability debacle and subsequent shut downs for patching, gamers have taken a second look as to whether this convenient experience is actually work it?

(2) Lack of portability. PSP doesn't count, it's an expensive device that most people give pause to own or bring out. I mean, the old PSP commercials made it look like you'd carry it around with you EVERYWHERE you go, but that has not been the case. In fact, it's the tablets and phones that do this. Laptops, while the technology is limited compared to desktop gaming rigs, are still a top standard for portable gaming. Portable meaning you can go from one house to the next, or your library, or what not.

(3) Cost - Sure, a laptop or desktop-based gaming rig can cost you a thousand dollars or two, but trying to keep up with new consoles is extremely confusing. PS3 might be the in-thing now, but in a year or two, PS4s are out and your PS3 loses value. While gaming computers also lose value over time, the value lost is not as high. You can still generally play games on the same desktop by switching out parts and offsetting the cost of the new parts by selling the old ones (so long as they are desirable).

(4) Versatility of games. Mods mods mods. I can't tell you how much this has made the difference for me when picking a game. A game that lends itself to modding or user-generated content is highly welcome. It lets a single game live longer and well past its shelf life. I mean, look at Counter-Strike Source and the HL2/Source engine. It's old, really old compared to a lot of games. But it is still highly populated and popular (as evidenced by our pub server).

(5) Short Attention Span - Consoles were built for those with a short attention span. You play a game, walk away, come back and what not, but then you get bored until the new shiny thing gets released, rinse repeat. Don't get me wrong, PCs have a tendency to do the same thing at times, but the users on the PC also tend to be a bit more selective in the games they wish to play and their willingness to spend for it. This counts especially for MMOs.

exactly, I absolutely hate, hate, hate consoles. Mainly because they are for noobs who either don't know that the minute they buy the console they are buying a minimum of a 5 year outdate pos. You can't have a community on a console. Really, it's pointless, it's for people who want to quickly play a game and then go poop. Console gamers are not as picky about gaming and usually have no clue on what kind of gaming experience they can really have on a pc. Consoles lack any sort of personal support as well as a community of support, charge you up the ass in mods you could get free on a pc, and your already paying for an outdated, ati 1900 series card. only 512 mb of ram. it's insane. I cannot stand anyone calling themselves gamers that are on consoles. Thats why I hate G4, they are the biggest knob gobblers of all, really how can you sit there and rave about a game that looks like crap? say it's the "best looking game" and it's only dx9, then not even complain about how xbox and sony charge you for the same stuff you get free on the pc. It's the most blatant pulling the wool over the consumers eyes I have ever seen. I'm surprised that companies that make pc's and magazines like pcgamer and what not have not tried to pull together to make some sort of commercial exploiting those facts. The only type of gaming the console is good for is either if I'm too drugged up to remember how to turn on my computer or too busy dropping loads in the bowel and want to entertain myself while doing it.

tuc0

I can never get used to console paddle/joystick controller, my main gripe. I haven't touch console for awhile. Do they have keyboard/mouse controllers yet?

Havoc.Sp

Staff member
consoles have their place in the gaming world. Mostly as a casual sorta thing, and for people who dont necessarily have funds and/or knowledge to buy/build a decent PC. They also don't really have to deal with some of the technical problems we have in our PCs. but then there are the ROLD and YLOD issues, and Sony getting hacked, lol. I bought my PS3 for blu-ray and to play NCAA football/NBA 2k and the like.

But when it comes to really gaming, PC wins in every regard. It's nice to see some new life being brought back to PC gaming. For a while it seemed like a lot of Devs were moving away from our favorite platform.

Performance and lack of community aside my biggest grip with consoles is that I cant bloody well aim. Seriously. I can play a game with a buddy who dosnt know shit about tactics, or the game in general when I know everything there is to know about the pc version (I am looking at you, CoD4) and get stomped cause I cant hit a barn door 3 feet from the spawn point. I feel consoles have 1 real use, and one only. Racing games.

I think there is a real lack in community for consoles, you will never experience the people playing with consoles because no one ever really talks or types and the community is all ways terrible. Load up Css and have a good lol with a group you know

Performance and lack of community aside my biggest grip with consoles is that I cant bloody well aim. Seriously. I can play a game with a buddy who dosnt know shit about tactics, or the game in general when I know everything there is to know about the pc version (I am looking at you, CoD4) and get stomped cause I cant hit a barn door 3 feet from the spawn point. I feel consoles have 1 real use, and one only. Racing games.
Quoted for FUCKING truth....although Sports games also are good on the console.