What's new

OFFICIAL STAR WARS VII thread

mclovin

Star Wars: Episode VII to begin filming in May | News - Home

alright so if you've somewhat followed star wars and the books of post episode 6, you know the story.

well now you don't.

episode 7 is george lucas's original story he had planned (thank god, the story for episode 1-3 was good, but the movies were meh except episode 3, and manakin skywalker couldn't act.) this is a totally new story, so ignore the books, that were fan made.

J.J Abrahms is coming to town, he revitalized star trek and man am i excited for this new trilogy! idgaf if disney has taken over, i wouldn't expect anything different in the actual movies with the previous producers

SMOKING GUN

opinions? sorry i'm a die hard Star wars fan, and i'm so happy this is coming out in '15, unlike having to wait for '16 batman vs superman.

please tell me im not the only one, holding out hope for Luke, Leah, and Han kicking ass on film... more importantly seeing Luke play an obi wan role!

Col. Gaspar

The 47 Ronin
Might totally suck because JJ ruined what a Star Trek movie is supposed to be. You don't need huge budgets to tell great stories. I think what made Star Wars successful originally might be missing totally in the new movie. Episode 1-3 were garbage imo so I am not to thrilled about JJ directing this.

Sent from my Nexus 5

mclovin

ohh you guys... well when star wars new episodes started i was 11, so i guess that has an impact... but really

if you look at the overall storyline, it's fucking awesome and very well planned. they really derped out episode 1-3 with CGI

trust me when i say episodes 8,9,10 will be a masterpiece. its JJ abrahams who didn't flunk up star trek with CGI... plus it's lucas's story.

and finally i think they've learned their lesson on cgi and manakin skywalker. mark hamill and harrison ford will bring this franchise out of the ashes, and he new actors (presuming its han and leah's kids) will do great!

benedict cumberbatch is already in this!!!

Joshua Lein

Point one: Star Wars is pretty good but overrated. Lord of the rings just sucks.

Second point: the Star Wars storyline is completely unoriginal. Lucas literally went to a professor who specializes in the study of similarities between epic and ancient works of literature throughout time and was like "give me the most typical generic and perfectly planned to follow the pattern that humans as people most enjoy"

Third point: Masterpieces? Seriously? JJ Abrams is good and all but the last Star Trek wasn't very good and the best thing he was ever a part of was LOST and I don't even think he was the main writer or main director. It'll be good but masterpiece is not gonna happen. I would be a lot more exited if it was Christopher Nolan directing it.

Point 4: all this is opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mclovin

okay masterpeice as in im interpreting his filming as good, but partnered with lucas's story?! AWESOME

seriously luke becoming ben kenobi omg im dieing

A Stable Carbocation

Staff member
Point one: Star Wars is pretty good but overrated. Lord of the rings just sucks.

Second point: the Star Wars storyline is completely unoriginal. Lucas literally went to a professor who specializes in the study of similarities between epic and ancient works of literature throughout time and was like "give me the most typical generic and perfectly planned to follow the pattern that humans as people most enjoy"

Third point: Masterpieces? Seriously? JJ Abrams is good and all but the last Star Trek wasn't very good and the best thing he was ever a part of was LOST and I don't even think he was the main writer or main director. It'll be good but masterpiece is not gonna happen. I would be a lot more exited if it was Christopher Nolan directing it.

Point 4: all this is opinion.

LOTR just sucks? I don't want to derail the thread, but WTF is wrong with you?

Whatever. Starswars is ok and LOTR gets at most the praise it deserves, if not less.

Joshua Lein

nah man. I kinda really did not give any sort of shits about LOTR. Admittedly I have only read the main trilogy and the Hobbit but honestly the riddle scene in the cave was the only part i liked in the whole thing and for the same exact reason i like books with only riddles in them.

BOT Yao

The 47 Ronin
YOU KNOW WHAT?!?!? YOU GUYS ALL SUCK!!!! ITS ALL ABOUT POKEMON TRIOLOGY!!! GO ASH!!!