New Vid Card not working.. help

Sooooo I got a new video card and it doesn't work. It just beeps at me three times when I put in there. Did I make some mistake while ordering my video card that it's not compatible iwth my MoBo?? I don't know if this is the right forum or not, but I'm losing it.

Mobo
Newegg.com - ASUS P7P55D-E Pro LGA 1156 Intel P55 SATA 6Gbs USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Vid Card
Newegg.com - XFX HD-687X-CNFC Radeon HD 6870 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

I run windows 7.

Fasttrak

Staff member
Your mb manual should have a breakdown of what the BIOS posting error tones are for. Not familiar with the board or the card but you should be able to find out what is causing the posting error. First guess would be proper power supply connections, not fully seated graphics card and beyond that.. not too certain.

Fasttrak

1long, 2 short - Video adapter error Either video adapter is bad or is not seated properly. Also, check to ensure the monitor cable is connected properly.
1long, 3short - No video card or bad video RAM Reseat or replace the video card.

d00b

The 47 Ronin
hahaha I think EVERYONE has has some dumb little thing happen when they are working on their PCs. When I built this PC it wouldn't work and I was drunk and furious, an hour or two later I discovered a little power connector that I didn't connect to the mobo. Connect it BAM problem solved.