New CPUs Win10 Only

Discussion in 'Technology Talk' started by A-Rich, Aug 30, 2016.

1. A-Rich

A-Rich The 47 Ronin

2. el jorge loco

el jorge loco Staff Member Moderator

He has a 7 machine. But he only plays source on his xp machine

3. A-Rich

A-Rich The 47 Ronin

So the gaming gets the old rig, and pr0n gets the latest & greatest. Maybe with 4k and VR, it might need it. ;)
    I kid, I kid.

4. v.Kamikaze

v.Kamikaze 47R|Source Division The 47 Ronin

I have several 7 machines, but yah, I was supposed to upgrade this XP pc when I received FuZion's card earlier in the month (holy shit where did August go?!?!). However, I've only had time to clear the entry to my workbench/office - now I gotta start putting all the random shit away so I have space to work on this comp, lol. I've also been working on some car shit lately (just fixing whatever's been broken for a while) since I inherited a 3rd gen 4Runner - got the mod bug, but no funds, lol. :(

Looks like I gotta catchup on my tech news. :p

Hm... that means any new systems with the latest and greatest will come with Win10, forcing companies to migrate. I wonder how well that'll work this time - didn't they try this before? My employer has only recently migrated all our systems to Win7 - I doubt they'll begin migrating to Win10 anytime soon. Which means MS will change their policy for corporate world or we'll be given old tech when we order new machines, lol.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  5. Ghonzo

Ghonzo The 47 Ronin

About time you upgrade that XP LOL. Last time I visited you, you were suppose to be "upgrading" haha. You planning to do a overhaul on the XP with new parts?

What about modding your Acura?? :p

6. v.Kamikaze

v.Kamikaze 47R|Source Division The 47 Ronin

i was thinking about it, but those "new" parts i have aren't exactly new anymore, lol.

heh, that acura needs to be repaired first. havent found a body shop that'll actually do the work instead of just replacing every single piece. ugh.