Need opinions.

Laski

The 47 Ronin
Planning on upgrading my cpu/ram/motherboard.

I built my first gaming rig on a really low budget for about $600-700 dollars. I built it to play league and cs:go, but now I'm going to start playing cpu intensive games and plan on streaming LoL.

My current specs that I plan on upgrading:

G.Skill 1333mhz 4GB ram -----> G.Skill 1600mhz 8GB ram

msi motherboard MSI USA – Motherboard - H61M-P23 (B3)

Need opinions on motherboard upgrade. planning to spend about 75-100$ on motherboard that is compatible with 4th gen intel cpus.

i3 2100 sandy bridge @3.10ghz, going to upgrade this to an i5 4670k

Need opinions

@Hunter

If you are really going to overclock then you might want to consider De-lidding the cpu to replace the tim on the die, you can shave off a good 15-20*C . If Intel would just use fluxless soder like the good old days then temperatures would not be a problem. You might also want to consider a self contained water loop. The 240mil radiator sets keep temperatures down in the high 60*C range.. If no overclock then the stock cooler will do for now... You can always do that down the road.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Ghonzo

The 47 Ronin
Planning on upgrading my cpu/ram/motherboard.

I built my first gaming rig on a really low budget for about $600-700 dollars. I built it to play league and cs:go, but now I'm going to start playing cpu intensive games and plan on streaming LoL.

My current specs that I plan on upgrading:

G.Skill 1333mhz 4GB ram -----> G.Skill 1600mhz 8GB ram

msi motherboard MSI USA – Motherboard - H61M-P23 (B3)

Need opinions on motherboard upgrade. planning to spend about 75-100$ on motherboard that is compatible with 4th gen intel cpus.

i3 2100 sandy bridge @3.10ghz, going to upgrade this to an i5 4670k

Need opinions

@Hunter
Like Hunter posted get the

Z87 Fatality

Newegg.com - Z87 KILLER SERIES mobo should be good

FuZion

The 47 Ronin
Also, since your going with the K model and your going to overclock, get the corsair h100 cooler as well. I stream 1080p with a 4770k all the time and she runs great, I'm sure your 4670k will run really well.

Also, since your going with the K model and your going to overclock, get the corsair h100 cooler as well. I stream 1080p with a 4770k all the time and she runs great, I'm sure your 4670k will run really well.
H100i... Nzxt and corsair also have really good models to consider... They all just released new models with better plates pumps and fans... I have the H100i because it was the bezt option at the time... There is some serious competition now so read up!

Sent from my Nexus 5

Laski

The 47 Ronin
Thanks for the advice guys, I'm not gonna overclock the cpu immediately I want to see how it runs normally. I won't be getting a cooling system for the cpu, so i'll have to wait to OC till then.

FuZion

The 47 Ronin
H100i... Nzxt and corsair also have really good models to consider... They all just released new models with better plates pumps and fans... I have the H100i because it was the bezt option at the time... There is some serious competition now so read up!

Sent from my Nexus 5

Yes H100i, you can't buy an h100 unless its off a private seller anyways. plus the h105 is out now too. H100i probley better pricing though and not much of a difference.

Yes H100i, you can't buy an h100 unless its off a private seller anyways. plus the h105 is out now too. H100i probley better pricing though and not much of a difference.
I was so mad when the H100i came out, since I bought the H100 and then the H100i came out, but the difference between those two was basically the rubber tubbing.

here is a video of the H105 by LinusTechTips from like a day ago
I think Thermaltake has their own brand but I would just stick with Corsair