What's new

Need help...

Hunter

The 47 Ronin
FYI

I had an OCZ 850 Z series + Corsair HX850 both gold certified with single rail 12V and both whined for my GTX980

Switched out with a CoolerMaster V1000 (built by Seasonic) and no more whining :)

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
FYI

I had an OCZ 850 Z series + Corsair HX850 both gold certified with single rail 12V and both whined for my GTX980

Switched out with a CoolerMaster V1000 (built by Seasonic) and no more whining :)
Just tested it on my old 850 antec which is semi modular, unfortunately buzzing is still there.

I don't think it's the wattage, this is just a bad card I guess :(

kaM

The 47 Ronin
16:15ish he starts to talk about how the caps on the card under the extreme load will make the sound.. Looks like it's just an issue on the card no matter what.

kaM

The 47 Ronin
I didn't have any luck on MSI, always small or big issues.
EVGA is still the best for Video cards.
MSI is very hit or miss. I'm putting Asus above EVGA right now but not by much, maybe .5%, just enough to edge them out.

kaM

The 47 Ronin
May want to rethink that: https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/4obao1/asus_gtx_1080_strix_major_qc_issues/
ASUS gloating about their no human touching gpus anymore, everything mechanical and this shit happened ^
I saw that a few minutes after it went up and I tore down 1 of the 2 Asus cards that I got for my build yesterday and it was near similar (except I do have thermal pads) but both of mine under load in a heavy case were hitting 66c. There might be an environmental issue as his rooms a lot hotter or just got a lemon card which can happen.

IcEWoLF

Staff member
Founder
So I replaced my last Fractal card with the Thermaltake Riing and it pushes a lot more air, its not PWM, but I can control the speed through the mobo Q-Fan...so its not a big deal. The fans make a bit more noise but the case seems to run a lot cooler.
I ordered a 2 pack but fucking Amazon sent me 1 fan, I requested to have the other fan overnighted to me tomorrow.