What's new

My New computer build :)

Col. Gaspar

The 47 Ronin
Sorry to laugh, Benson, but had a nightmare build for a client that went something along the lines of the crap you are dealing with. Not at all fun dealing retailers, RMA's and all the bullshit that goes along with it. Also, one of the reasons I stopped buying AMD for client builds as I just could not afford the troubles when the came up, just kills the time sink of getting a system up and running. Not saying Intel is perfect and absent troubles, just not nearly as much or often.
I agree 100 percent on amd processors, I built my brothers pc with amd and had all kinds of trouble with it. Took me two weeks to get it working right, had to swap the gpu and other things just to get it working again, all my clients get Intel.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Hunter

The 47 Ronin
@FuZion
Did you sell your HD7970 and upgrade to something else?

I sold my 7970s for $400 each + $150 for the waterblocks and decided to go for GTX780 and had some money left for the kid's Xmas presents. Since I think the price different between the TI and the 780 doesn't justify for the cost difference.
I am rocking at 1200 mhz.........I will try to hit 1300mhz sometimes soon.

Col. Gaspar

The 47 Ronin
@FuZion
Did you sell your HD7970 and upgrade to something else?

I sold my 7970s for $400 each + $150 for the waterblocks and decided to go for GTX780 and had some money left for the kid's Xmas presents. Since I think the price different between the TI and the 780 doesn't justify for the cost difference.
I am rocking at 1200 mhz.........I will try to hit 1300mhz sometimes soon.
I sold both my titans for one 780Ti, I really don't need all the horsepower the titans were offering... Took the extra cash for a trampoline for the kids and a gift for my mom

Sent from my Nexus 5

Hunter

The 47 Ronin
I sold both my titans for one 780Ti, I really don't need all the horsepower the titans were offering... Took the extra cash for a trampoline for the kids and a gift for my mom

Sent from my Nexus 5
Wise choice since the TI can handles almost every games at ultra settings already

Col. Gaspar

The 47 Ronin
Wise choice since the TI can handles almost every games at ultra settings already
I will be buying a second 780Ti at some point. If I start playing other games besides counter strike I will want that 120fps for my monitor and will need a second 780Ti

Sent from my Nexus 5

mbenson

FT, all I can say is "word!" i liked my AMD FX 6300 when it was working. yes it ran hot but having the speed and extra cores made my games and apps rock. however with the recent RMA nightmare, I can't endorse a product thats been down for half a year. for now, im skipping the whole FX line. i may find an AMD Athlon II or Phenom II to replace my defective FX CPU. if I can scrap up enough deneros, I'll probably switch to an Intel CPU and a decent MB sometime in 2014. I remember back in the days how fun it was to upgrade my computers. Ha! These days I just want it to work. I'm also tempted to buy one of those Fry's PC specials (Dell or Asus) just so I can skip all the troubleshooting time upgrading parts et al. The sad thing is with all that I spent on an extra MB, video card and 2nd FX CPU I almost could a whole PC :nailbiting:

Ghonzo

The 47 Ronin
FT, all I can say is "word!" i liked my AMD FX 6300 when it was working. yes it ran hot but having the speed and extra cores made my games and apps rock. however with the recent RMA nightmare, I can't endorse a product thats been down for half a year. for now, im skipping the whole FX line. i may find an AMD Athlon II or Phenom II to replace my defective FX CPU. if I can scrap up enough deneros, I'll probably switch to an Intel CPU and a decent MB sometime in 2014. I remember back in the days how fun it was to upgrade my computers. Ha! These days I just want it to work. I'm also tempted to buy one of those Fry's PC specials (Dell or Asus) just so I can skip all the troubleshooting time upgrading parts et al. The sad thing is with all that I spent on an extra MB, video card and 2nd FX CPU I almost could a whole PC :nailbiting:
Good lord... Benson there's lot of good deals going on with CPU + mobo combo on Fry's, Microcenter, and Newegg for i5/i7 right now :D Better get the new i5/i7 Haswell and save yourself the trouble for LGA 1155. Trying to find a good mobo for LGA 1155 been a nightmare for me still havent found a mobo I like everything is Z87 :(

v.Kamikaze

The 47 Ronin
Contributor
Good lord... Benson there's lot of good deals going on with CPU + mobo combo on Fry's, Microcenter, and Newegg for i5/i7 right now :D Better get the new i5/i7 Haswell and save yourself the trouble for LGA 1155. Trying to find a good mobo for LGA 1155 been a nightmare for me still havent found a mobo I like everything is Z87 :(
You're a bit late to the party, bro, z77 has been on its way out once z87 hit the shelves.

Ghonzo

The 47 Ronin
You're a bit late to the party, bro, z77 has been on its way out once z87 hit the shelves.
Been waiting on purpose for the z87 to come out so the z77 will be cheaper but all the good mobos are gone :(

I still have my 2500k Sandy Bridge XD

Hunter

The 47 Ronin
Been waiting on purpose for the z87 to come out so the z77 will be cheaper but all the good mobos are gone :(

I still have my 2500k Sandy Bridge XD
Agreed, SandyBridge is still very GOOD.
If you're building a NEW computer then yeah!! go for the latest. But I wouldn't upgrade to Haswell from Sandy or Ivy